01-10-2013 11:44 AM
I've been getting this message for a couple of months and searching online has provided a few options to solve the problem. Powering off and on fools the printer temporarily but doesn't remove the issue. Other options including changing some items in the settings. Also a temporary solution. Within 10 minutes of doing either the printer sends out the same failure message.
Occasionally it throws in a paper jam message to go with the ink system failure message and there is no jam. I am also now getting a message that it can only print in black yet all the colour cartridges are full.
Checked at a local tech shop to see if they knew anything and was given the impression this was a "built in fail" so one would be forced to buy a new printer..... grrrr. This printer is only a couple years old. Anyone find a fix for this or should I really go buy another printer??
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series