Message 1 of 1 (155 Views)

HP C7280 Photosmart All-in-One - Ink System Failure Message

I've been getting this message for a couple of months and searching online has provided a few options to solve the problem. Powering off and on fools the printer temporarily but doesn't remove the issue. Other options including changing some items in the settings. Also a temporary solution. Within 10 minutes of doing either the printer sends out the same failure message.

Occasionally it throws in a paper jam message to go with the ink system failure message and there is no jam. I am also now getting a message that it can only print in black yet all the colour cartridges are full. 

Checked at a local tech shop to see if they knew anything and was given the impression this was a "built in fail" so one would be forced to buy a new printer.....  grrrr. This printer is only a couple years old.  Anyone find a fix for this or should I really go buy another printer??

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation