Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I recently upgraded from XP Home SP3 to Windows 7 Professional SP1, and now I find that my CP1215 colour laserjet doesn't print duplex properly; every second page is inverted if I set it to "flip on long edge" and transfer the printed sheets back into the tray in the usual manner. (Setting it to "flip on short edge" makes no difference.) Now it seems that I have to invert the sheets when transferring them back to the paper tray to get the printer to print correctly.

Installing the latest available Windows 7 driver hasn't fixed the issue.

I have read "Vista / Win 7 Duplex Printing Troubleshooting Guide" by Bob Headrick elsewhere in this forum, and wasn't able to find a "neat" solution.

Has anyone found a solution (aside from inverting the sheets when transferring them, which I will probably forget at the least convenient moment ? :generic:  )

Thanks in advance,

Roger V.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Same exact problem here. I have searched several days for a solution and I'm pretty well convinced that there are none other than, as you said,  rotating the stack 180 degrees before returning it to the tray.

I installed the 64-bit version of win7. I wonder if you are using the same.  I also would love to see a post from ANY win7 user with the 1215 who does NOT have this problem.

HP Recommended

Hi vlmz,

I'm using the 32 bit version of Windows 7 Pro, so my setup is (hopefully) more compatible with older programs. The restricted memory (if one calls 3.something gig "restricted") doesn't seem to cause a problem.

I've been through the "update the driver" thing, and unfortunately it didn't fix the issue.

(I've yet to try the workarounds suggested by rairden and PaulR74 but they look interesting.)

I too would love to hear from any CP1215 users with Win7 who _don't_ have a duplexing problem. :generic:

Kind regards,

Roger.

HP Recommended

Any news concerning this issue? I am running Windows Vista 32-bit and I started experiencing this issue also after installing the optional update from Windows Update: Hewlett-Packard Printers software update released in November, 2012 
ttps://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/ScopedViewInline.aspx?updateid=97dbe946-df7d-43b2-bead-3...

HP Recommended

@DaveBrubeck

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP Color LaserJet CP 1215 printer and while duplex printing, the second page prints upside down in Win7. You have installed the optional update from Windows update and issue still persists. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Have you to check the correct printing settings in Windows for duplex printing?
  • Do other functions of the printer work fine like non-duplex printing and copying?

Meanwhile, I did some research on this issue and suggest you to perform the following steps:

• To avoid page ordering issues, load enough blank paper into the input tray to fully complete your print job.

• Open the document that you want to print, click File, then click Print.

• Select the name of your printer, then click Printer Properties or Preferences, or Printer Setup, depending on what displays.

The Document Properties or Printing Preferences window opens.

• If a Printing shortcuts tab is available, select the Print on Both Sides or Two-sided (Duplex) Printing option, if available.

Figure : Duplex printing settings on the Printing Shortcut tab

Using the duplex printing shortcut

• If a Printing Shortcut tab or a duplexing shortcut is not available, click the Layout, Features, or Finishing tab, depending on which tab displays in your driver version.

Figure : Example of duplex printing settings on the Layout tab

Using the duplex printing menu on the Layout tab

• Locate the Print on Both Sides or Two-sided printing menu or option, then select the binding or page flip option depending on if you want the document to read like a booklet or a tablet.

Figure : Example of booklet and tablet style

Example of booklet and tablet style

• Please switch to  Booklet style (flip on long edge). I think presently it is set to Tablet style (flip on short edge) on your computer.
  • Now try to perform duplex printing.

Hope this information fixed the issue. Please feel free to reply. Have a creat day!. 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi Kazi,

Thanks for your advice, but as I think I may have mentioned in my earlier posts I had already checked that my "flip over" or "flip up" setting was correct (set to "flip over" for portrait printing).

That was a bit over 3 years ago, and I'm happy to say that the printer is still going, even though it was purchased in 2010. 🙂

Thanks for your help,

Roger V.

HP Recommended

@rogerval

You're welcome Roger. 🙂

Thanks for letting me know. You may try to print from another application or from Adobe application and check. 

Another option is to uninstall and reinstall the printer drivers. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi, I solved the issue uninstalling HP software and drivers. Afterwards I removed the residual drivers from Windows Update using Printers->Server Properties. Then I reinstalled HP software and drivers. I am using Windows Vista 32bit

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.