Question

Top Student
henrysellers
Message 1 of 8 (295 Views)

HP CP3505x - Images slipping / out of alignment

Hello,

Not sure how to describe this but the picture explains all. As you can see were it says 'Boarding Pass' the background and lettering aren't lining up, however they are at the bottom. I've made several prints, either with different paper or tray source. I've done a full calibration numerous times. Also on some prints, the text is clear, but images are slightly blurred. Any ideas what's causing this?

Thanks scan0001.jpg

Tutor
GeorgeK2
Message 2 of 8 (275 Views)

Re: HP CP3505x - Images slipping / out of alignment

Hello henrysellers,

This appears to be a persistent case of color plane misregistration.  Normally a full calibration should take care of this and bring the color planes back into alignment, but you have done this several times.

Does the Event Log show any errors, in particular Color Plane Registration errors?

----------------------
I work for HP
Top Student
henrysellers
Message 3 of 8 (265 Views)

Hi George,

Thanks for the info. I won't be back at the printer until Monday, I will run a check when I'm back and report the results here when I get them. Thanks for the input.

Top Student
henrysellers
Message 4 of 8 (258 Views)

George,

No errors regarding the colour plane at all, just some 'Permanent Storage Write Fail' which I've been getting around and are not associated. Kinda stumped now!

Tutor
GeorgeK2
Message 5 of 8 (254 Views)

Henry,

Those "Permanent Storage Write Fail" errors may be cause of your alignment problems.  This indicates a failure in the NVRAM.  If the alignment data cannot be updated and stored in nonvolatile memory, then I think you will experience this type of recurring problem.

I will try to find more information about this and report back to you.

----------------------
I work for HP
Top Student
henrysellers
Message 6 of 8 (233 Views)

scan0005.jpgscan0006.jpg

Tutor
GeorgeK2
Message 7 of 8 (181 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Henry,

First, I apologize for the long delay getting back to you.  I'm not a customer support person, nor do I have any direct contact with the CP3505 product line, but I conferred with the engineers who do provide support for this printer.  We agree that the NVRAM write failures are most likely related to your persistent CPR problem.  Your device is malfunctioning and you should contact HP customer support for repairs.

You might also consider a device upgrade.  If you are unaware, HP has a TradeIn program that may benefit you.  http://www8.hp.com/us/en/hp-information/environment/recycling-reuse.html

----------------------
I work for HP
Top Student
henrysellers
Message 8 of 8 (171 Views)

Hi George,

Many thanks for the input. I had a quick look at the trade in but it looks like it's for North America and I'm in Ireland. I think the printer is about 5 years old, I don't use it very much so I was hoping to get a few more years out of it as it's underworked, but when I do use it to it's potential I need the laser colour and duplexing so having to buy a new one with that spec would be costly. I'll give HP a call on this side of the pond to see if there's a fix.

All the very best.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation