Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet MFP M476dw
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I Forgot the Administrator password on my printer since its been a while i modefied it, i need a password to do the factory resett so its an issue now that i need to access the configuration of the printer.

Can you tell me how to do a Master resett on this printer please?

thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

NVRAM initializationCAUTION:All HP Jetdirect settings are also reset. Be sure to print a configuration page before performing an NVRAM initialization. Make note of the IP address that is listed on the Jetdirect configuration page. You need to restore the IP address after performing an NVRAM initialization. An NVRAM initialization erases all data stored in the unprotected NVRAM sections. Performing an NVRAM initialization resets the following settings and information:●All menu settings are reset to factory default values.●All localization settings, including language and country/region, are reset.After performing an NVRAM initialization, reconfigure any computers that print to this product so that the computers can recognize the product.1.Turn the product off.2.Press and hold the lower right quadrant of the touchscreen. Keep the quadrant depressed as you turn the product on.3.When the Permanent Storage Init. message appears on the display, release the buttons.4.When the product has finished the NVRAM initialization, it returns to the Ready state.

HP Recommended

Did this work?

I have a Color Laser Jet Pro MFP M476dw which i need to factory reset and tried this instructions and its not working.

Has this been tested to be working?

HP Recommended

Trust me, i know its a pain to follow that copy/paste answer, but if u try it a couple of times it works.

i gave up a week, then retried it and it work, i remember trying diferent combination, like holding the left quadrant, restarting and then the right quadrant, i then tried holding it 2 mins after the menu screen was up and such.

Dont remember ecxactly how, but i managed to get the NVRam screen.

So keep trying, someway it works.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.