Question

Student
ST91
Message 1 of 35 (9,932 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Deskjet 1510 - Won't print?

Hi

I recently purchased the HP Deskjet 1510, but it will not print.

When I click print on a word document it goes into the queue but then just disappears after a few seconds - and the printer does nothing.

I have tried troubleshooting but it says there is no problem. I have loaded everything that was on the CD that came with the printer and have purchased the correct USB cable, so have no idea why it will not print...Everything else works fine (scanning, copying)...

Any help would be very appreciated! 

Student
hpbadbadbad
Message 2 of 35 (9,907 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet 1510 - Won't print?

i am having the same issues i have 2 other hp printers with their own issues as well. however i bought this 1510 series one yesterday and its not working right out of the box. and like yours everything is installed correctly, and the troubleshooting is saying that everything is okay. mine printed a test page and was able to align itself but it will not print from any programs.

Tutor
ember1308
Message 3 of 35 (9,849 Views)

Hi, yes I too am having the same problem. I spent 2 hours with a technician from hp yesterday on my windows 7 computer and when everything he tried did not work, plugged printer into my old XP computer, installed it and it worked! This proves it is not the printer but something in my HP Compaq Windows 7 computer that is causing the problem. I would welcome any help on this. Many thanks

HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 4 of 35 (9,831 Views)

Hello

I understand you are unable to print. I would download and run the Print and Scan Doctor to fix common printing problems.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c02073861&jumpid=ex_r4155/hho/ipg/cc...

You might need to uninstall the software and I would use the HP Printer Install Wizard to reinstall the software again.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c02073861&jumpid=ex_r4155/hho/ipg/cc...

Please let me know the results.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
Tutor
ember1308
Message 5 of 35 (9,826 Views)

Thanks. have done all those things a number of times. all show that it should work (green lights on all) but computer and printer are just not talking to each other. scanner works and prints from items on scanner but not when i have a document sent to printer. message comes up saying it is printing but then it disappears.

HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 6 of 35 (9,818 Views)

Hi ember1308

Follow this video to see if the printer will print a hardware self test.

http://h20621.www2.hp.com/video-gallery/us/en/customer-care/2732696652001/printing-a-test-page---hp-...

Try Solutions 3 to 8 from the document to see if we can resolve this issue.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c02205477#N4853

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
Tutor
ember1308
Message 7 of 35 (9,807 Views)

tried everything. unfortunately still not talking to each other from files but do all the things like scan and test pages and diagnostic pages so any other suggestions? thanks

HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 8 of 35 (9,785 Views)

Hi ember1308

Leave printer connected by the usb cable.

Go to the device manager and look for the printer entry, might be other devices, unknown device,  it might show up under universal serial bus controllers as usb printing support.

Let me know how it lists your printer.

In devices and printers is it showing the  printer as the default printer?

From devices and printers, right click the printer, click on printer properties, click on the ports tab.

Which one is checked?

Then go back to devices and printers, right click the printer, select show whats printing.

At the top of the window click on the printer button, what is checked there?

Here is a url to temporary disable all start up items to see if one of them is causing any issues.
http://netsquirrel.com/msconfig/msconfig_win7.html
Click disable all and restart the computer.

Test the printer.

You will have to follow the same steps to enable all again.

Please let me know all the results.

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
Tutor
ember1308
Message 9 of 35 (9,776 Views)

under device manager hp deskjet1510 series (usb) shows in imaging devices

hp deskjet1510 series  (rest) shows in usb controllers

under ports = USB001- virtual printer port for usb hp deskjet1510 series

it shows = set as default printer

thanks for your help. i have a feeling we will get this problem sorted soon. cheers

HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 10 of 35 (9,773 Views)

Hi ember1308

Thanks for your patience.

I would recommend to run the Microsoft Fix It Tool.

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/printing_problems/

Set print processor to Winprint.
Go to start, devices and printers, right click the printer, select printer properties, click the advance tab, click the print processor button at the bottom, select winprint and click ok.

Reboot the computer.

Try printing the windows test page.

Try printing from notepad.

Try creating a new port.
Go to start, devices and printers, right click the printer, select printer properties, click on the ports tab, click add port, select local port, click new port, type in printer name, close window. Now it should show the check beside printer name local port.

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation