HP Deskjet 3050A J611 series (1274 Views)
Top Student
jam1945
Message 1 of 8 (1,274 Views)

HP Deskjet 3050A J611 series

OS W7. The above printer will not print the last line of text. The template, created in WXP, printed perfectly on old printer but won't do so with my new set-up. Any suggestions, please?

Professor
007OHMSS
Message 2 of 8 (1,268 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet 3050A J611 series

This document, though titled specifically for Vista OS, may offer help here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01672454&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&la...

This document addresses issues with margins, if that is the issue here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02847635&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5061082&tmp...

007OHMSS

I am a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
Top Student
jam1945
Message 3 of 8 (1,264 Views)

Hi there

Have tried both options with no success. in the first (for Vista), I do not get the option to enable bidirectional support and in the second, after following all steps, the print layout still shows bottom line of text as missing. Not sure what to try next.

Distinguished Professor
HardBeatZ
Message 4 of 8 (1,249 Views)

Hello jam1945,

Follow the instructions below.

1. Open devices and printer

2. Click Add a printer

3. Click Add a local printer

4. From the Use existing port select the USB option, and then click next

5. Click on the Windows Update button to get all support window 7 drivers updated

6. Once update is finished. Click on HP from left menu, and then select the Deskjet 990c from the right menu, and then click next. 

7. Follow the remaining instructions to complete the installation. 

Once you have the 990c printer added make sure it is the default printer, and then try printing to your Deskjet 3050 printer using this driver. Let me know if you have the same issue?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
Top Student
jam1945
Message 5 of 8 (1,244 Views)

Hi there

Thanks for suggestions. Unfortunately, neither of them work. I can however print the complete template of labels from Wordpad with quite a lot of jiggling of margins (I had less margin options with Word). However, I still don't understand why it will only work from Wordpad and not Word, unless the margin options are the problem.

Thanks again for your help.

Distinguished Professor
HardBeatZ
Message 6 of 8 (1,231 Views)

Hello jam1945,

Well at least we know that the problem exists within Word and not elsewhere. Have you tried changing the margins around to see if we can "trick" word into printing the entire template?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
Top Student
jam1945
Message 7 of 8 (1,223 Views)

Hi there

Yes - that was  the first thing I tried but, even in custom margins, Word (Office 2010), I cannot fine tune as I was able to do in Office 2007. I shan't give up even though I can now print the sheet of labels in Wordpad. I don't like being beaten! At least my hair is no longer in danger of being pulled out.

Thanks to all for help and suggestions.

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 8 of 8 (1,204 Views)

Hello jam1945

You may want to contact Microsoft about your problem. Since only Word 2010 seems to be effected it would seem that the problem lies in the application. You have also tried 2 different drivers to test if a different driver would resolve the issue. I hope you find a resolution to your problem. If you do please post back as it may help someone who finds themselves with the same problem.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation