08-23-2012 10:31 PM
I have an HP 3050A Network Printer that has been workng fine as a wireless printer. I got some new laptops and installed the printer drivers via the printer CD and was able to test print successfully from Wordpad. That was a few days ago.
Today, I try to print and the status says the printer is offline. If I check the printer, it says it is connected as 192.168.0.101. If I run HPNDU it can see the printer but tells me that the required software is not installed on the laptop. I have reinstalled the software from the CD twice and each time it tells me that the installation is successful. However, I cannot print.
If I run HPPDU, it fails on connectivity.
I can reach the internet with the laptop. The advanced tools see both the laptop and the printer. Why is the printer showing offline (and why does the HPNDU tell me that the required software is missing?)?
How can I correct this? Thanks for your help!
08-23-2012 10:39 PM - last edited on 04-16-2015 04:35 PM by karol-b
You don't see the message but please try this:
Inkjet Windows 7: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04249111
Inkjet Windows 8: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04249080
Inkjet Windows Vista: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04249275
Inkjet Mac: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04249334
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
02-06-2014 02:47 PM
I have an HP 3050 Network it was working fine as a wireless printer untill I got a new router. I installed the printer drivers via Microsoft updates and printer will print the test successfully from Wordpad but when I try to print anything now it says the printer is offline.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series