Question

Student
wstanfor
Message 1 of 4 (5,525 Views)

HP Deskjet 3050A Network Printer connected but offline

I have an HP 3050A Network Printer that has been workng fine as a wireless printer. I got some new laptops and installed the printer drivers via the printer CD and was able to test print successfully from Wordpad. That was a few days ago.

Today, I try to print and the status says the printer is offline. If I check the printer, it says it is connected as 192.168.0.101. If I run HPNDU it can see the printer but tells me that the required software is not installed on the laptop. I have reinstalled the software from the CD twice and each time it tells me that the installation is successful. However, I cannot print.

If I run HPPDU, it fails on connectivity.

I can reach the internet with the laptop. The advanced tools see both the laptop and the printer. Why is the printer showing offline (and why does the HPNDU tell me that the required software is missing?)?

How can I correct this? Thanks for your help!

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 4 (5,521 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet 3050A Network Printer connected but offline

Hi,

You don't see the message but please try this:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02221706&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en

Good luck.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Student
kateaspring
Message 3 of 4 (5,062 Views)

BH reply was it! thanks.

Honor Student
Ron61
Message 4 of 4 (2,738 Views)

I have an HP 3050 Network it was working fine as a wireless printer untill I got a new router. I installed the printer drivers via Microsoft updates and printer will print the test successfully from Wordpad but when I try to print anything now it says the printer is offline.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation