Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a HP deskjet 3050a on a wireless network operating windows 8.1

Whenever I try and print an adobe reader document it only ever prints half a page of the last page or if only one page half the page.

I have tried restarting printer spool and also reinstalling the driving but it doesn't seem to work.  Any ideas?

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi @rachie77 

Doe this issue occur when you try printing from other programs too?

Here are two helpful links from Adobe; Acrobat Help / Quick fix | Print PDF as image | Acrobat, Reader

Acrobat Help / Troubleshoot PDF printing | Acrobat, Reader

If the issue is not limited to Adobe, you could run the HP Print and Scan Doctor.

The HP Print and Scan Doctor is a free utility (tool) that helps to quickly resolve common printing, scanning and connectivity issues including but not limited to:

• Connectivity :
     USB: Verifies that the USB connection from your computer to the HP product is working correctly.
    Network: Verifies that the network connection between your computer and your network is working correctly.
  • Device Status Test : Checks for device errors such as out of paper, paper jams, carriage stalls, and paper feed issues, and then provides instructions for fixing the error.
  • Driver Check : Checks for missing or corrupt driver files.
  • Device Manager : Checks for problems in Device Manager that would prevent printing.
  • Device Online : Checks if the product has been paused or set to offline, and then sets the status back to online if necessary.
  • Print Queue : Checks for and clears pending print jobs in the print queue (a log of print jobs waiting to print).
  • Port Match : Checks the port settings for the HP product.
  • Device Conflicts : Checks for conflicts with other drivers, such as other printer brands.
  • Ink Issues : Checks the cartridges and ink levels for issues that affect print quality.
  • Print Settings : Checks and adjusts the print quality settings.
  • Test Print : Prints a test page for print quality evaluation, and provides options for cleaning and aligning the printhead if necessary.
  • Scan Tests : Checks the scan mechanism, drivers, and registry entries.
You can also click the Printer menu to find the additional features such as cleaning printheads, aligning printheads, checking ink levels, and viewing advanced printer data for your selected printer.

Click here to download and run the Print and Scan Doctor >>> www.hp.com/go/tools

If the issue only occurs when printing from Adobe Reader, you might consider reaching out to the Adobe Forums.

I hope this helps. Smiley Happy

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

My 3050a will only print half of the last page when submitting prints from any application.

HP Recommended

@yogey,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out. 

I understand that you are facing issues with your HP Deskjet 3050a printer wherein it prints only half of the last page.

This issue could occur if the latest drivers are not installed.

Hence, I request you to follow the link: http://hp.care/2feNk9h to download the latest drivers for this printer as per the operating system installed on the computer.

Disclaimer:
Links to third-party websites are provided for convenience only. HP does not endorse nor support the content of third-party links. HP is not responsible for the content of a third-party website. By clicking on a third-party link, you will leave the HP website. Privacy and security policies may differ from those practiced by HP. 

Let me know how that works.
I hope you have a good day ahead.
Regards,

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. I've downloaded the driver I need. How do I install these?

HP Recommended

@yogey thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that link didn't help you,

Please try this link instead: Click here

Let me know if this works.

I hope you have a good day ahead.

Regards,

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

All well and good, but I'm not payinf for some other installer product to install an HP driver.

I assume HP has no instructions to install, and needs to point to a 3rd party for support?

#fail

HP Recommended

@yogey

Thank you for replying,

I must let you know that the link provided is a 3rd party solution as the drivers aren't available for your model within HP as the product is out-dated.

What the previous tech didn't mention is that he's going out of his way to help you out and also that the link provided isn't for a charge.

Here's a link from the same post, this is where you need to click and ignore the ads for paid support: Click here to download the driver.

I hope this information helps,

Keep me posted and Have a good day, ahead

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried again, and the download link you supplied is not available -  403 Forbidden -"The server has refused to fulfill your request."

Also the DriverToolKit app requires a registration, which takes me to a license required web page, which requires a purchase. There is no way "you need to click and ignore the ads for paid support".

HP Recommended

@yogey Hi!

Here's a picture trail that'll show you what the Support tech is referring to:

Step 1: https://postimg.org/image/6abkkwn2h/

Step 2: https://postimg.org/image/njsym6ii3/
Step 3: https://postimg.org/image/swht0b6ej/
Step 4: https://postimg.org/image/f43e4ofmz/

Step 5: https://postimg.org/image/hmp35d1d7/

One you click install on step 5, the driver would be installed and replace the registry files, restart your computer and then start using it.

I hope that helps

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.