06-27-2013 05:50 AM
...I am trying to install my portable HP 450 printer with Windows 8 (now 8.1)
The printer duly is recognized and installed as a printer but it doesn't print.
I tried to install via the compability mode XP and Windows 7, but no success.
01-12-2014 07:16 PM
I am also having difficulties with my Hp deskjet 450. I did have it installed once on my windows 8 as a printer. I had same problem you did, error printing and would not print. Made the mistake on deleteing it to see if reinstalling would help fix the printing issue. Now I can not get it to install as a printer. Please help by letting me know what steps you took to install it as a printer. Tech support was no help. They told me that the serial no. does not exist and may not be compatible with windows 8. To me they are a joke.
If you find the answer to also getting it to print, please let me know that trick as well. Thank you
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Fixing Print Quality Problems for the HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One Printers
- HP Printers - Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)