06-27-2013 05:50 AM
...I am trying to install my portable HP 450 printer with Windows 8 (now 8.1)
The printer duly is recognized and installed as a printer but it doesn't print.
I tried to install via the compability mode XP and Windows 7, but no success.
01-12-2014 07:16 PM
I am also having difficulties with my Hp deskjet 450. I did have it installed once on my windows 8 as a printer. I had same problem you did, error printing and would not print. Made the mistake on deleteing it to see if reinstalling would help fix the printing issue. Now I can not get it to install as a printer. Please help by letting me know what steps you took to install it as a printer. Tech support was no help. They told me that the serial no. does not exist and may not be compatible with windows 8. To me they are a joke.
If you find the answer to also getting it to print, please let me know that trick as well. Thank you
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)