HP Deskjet 5440 Printer (245 Views)
Tutor
avon4u
Message 1 of 8 (245 Views)

HP Deskjet 5440 Printer

HP Deskjet 5440 Printer

Not printing & no ink levels

Printer & faxes: Sometimes ready or offline. Still unable to print!!! Very frustrated!!! I unistall &

reinstall. Still not able to print – even for a test printing!

HP Deskjet 5440 Printer

Windows XP Home Edition Media

Connection - USB

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 8 (228 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet 5440 Printer

Are there any blinking lights on the printer?  Running the diagnostics at http://www.hp.com/go/tools may help resolve the issue.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Tutor
avon4u
Message 3 of 8 (224 Views)

Not support of 5400 series! Why does this work on deskjet 5440 series?

Still unable to print.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 8 (220 Views)

avon4u wrote:

Not support of 5400 series! Why does this work on deskjet 5440 series?

Still unable to print.

I am not understanding your answer.  Please provide more details - are there any blinking lights on the printer?  Can you print a test page as described in this document?

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

Tutor
avon4u
Message 5 of 8 (207 Views)

When I download HP Print and Scan Doctor & HP Hardware Diagnostic Utility I get message We are sorry but HP Deskjet5400 series is not currently supported by this  utility   Why? 

I have try to print test page, but nothing happens. The printer is on. When go to Printer/Faxes somtimes it will say offline or ready! Both ways still unable to print. I unplug & plug the printer back in, still not printing. I also, done is uninstalling & reinstall printer software still nothing!!!

HELP! 

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 6 of 8 (200 Views)

[Underlining text in blue is confusing because it normally indicates active links.]

What happens when you do the following:

1. Turn the printer on.
  2. Press and hold the RESUME button until the printer starts printing.
  3. Release the RESUME button.

Does a page print?  If not what lights are on or blinking on the printer?  This test does not require any driver or other resource of the computer.  If the test will not print then the printer is not working properly.  It will be necessary to the the printer to work before we can get it to work with the computer.

Tutor
avon4u
Message 7 of 8 (195 Views)

Resume button the arrow button? does nothing. I hold that down & nothing. I do get a message ERROR PRINTING nothing has work. Only button is on is the power button!

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 8 of 8 (193 Views)

OK, please try the troubleshooting steps in this page.  If that does not resolve your issue I am out of ideas, perhaps someone else here can help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation