01-09-2013 06:17 PM
We recently received a new computer, and tried hooking up our deskjet to the computer. But, when I look at the "Devices and Printers", the deskjet shows up as "Unspecified". I have tried all the usual things, such as right-clicking to try and set it as the base printer, but since it's unspecified it only gives me the properties, which I can do nothing with. I have also tried unplugging all the printer's cords, but that hasn't worked either. Please help!
01-09-2013 06:40 PM
I would download and install the Print Install Wizard from this link form the D1660 Product Support Page. It will provide and install the appropriate driver for you.
Let me know if this helps or not.
I am employed by HP
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series