Question

Honor Student
justinevictoria
Message 1 of 4 (485 Views)

HP Deskjet D2560 Making Loud Clicking Noise

HP Deskjet D2560 printer started making an awful noise when I turn it on or when it initiaties printing.  It almost sounds like a machine gun.  It sounds as if the ink cartridges are trying to move but something is causing them to be stuck.  I see no obvious signs of blockage and the printer does print.

This just started yesterday evening and I've never had this happen before.  I have not recently changed ink cartridges nor have I moved the printer or done anything out of the ordinary.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

justinevictoria

Regents Professor
Rudy1906
Message 2 of 4 (455 Views)

Try this link below. It's for a carriage jam. Usually when it's "machine gun noises", it's the carriage slamming against the wall, or a paper jam. Check all areas for baby, and clean rollers.
http://goo.gl/U6CjS
**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Honor Student
justinevictoria
Message 3 of 4 (452 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet D2560 Making Loud Clicking Noise

Thank you for your reply, it does sound like some gears are grinding or something is jammed but I see nothing obvious.  I tried some of suggestions in that link to no avail.  Perhaps just time for a replacement.   It still prints, just sounds like it's ready for takeoff.

Thanks again, happy new year.

Regents Professor
Rudy1906
Message 4 of 4 (446 Views)

When you are looking for a new product, you can contact HP Support (1800-474-6836). You could qualify for a DISCOUNTED upgrade and up to 90% off of the warranty with the upgrade. This is just a suggestion if you start looking for a new unit. Happy New Year to you also.
**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation