Question

Honor Student
jaantey
Message 1 of 4 (527 Views)

HP Deskjet F2400 pulls paper halfway through and stop, attn light starts to flash

My Deskjet F2400 pulls paper halfway through stops and attention light starts to flash and won't print.  When I press any button at this point, it pulls paper through but won't print.  Have unplugged, reset, changed ink cartridges, changed paper and checked for paper jams and unplugged from computer.  Any ideas how to solve.  Thanks

Professor
RobertoR
Message 2 of 4 (519 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet F2400 pulls paper halfway through and stop, attn light starts to flash

[ Edited ]

Jaantey;

Welcome to the forums.
What is the complete printer model?
What is the operating system and the full version of the OS?

There are serveral reasons that can cause this issue and any of the following issues can cause this issue:
The paper trays are empty or overloaded.
The paper is curled.
The print side, or shiny side, of the paper is not loaded in the tray face down. For photo paper, always load the rougher side of the paper facing up.
The paper is too slick for the product.
The paper might not be engaged with the feed rollers.
The paper-width guide is pressed against the paper stack too tightly.
The rubber paper-feed rollers are dusty.

Follow this ariticle
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02143938&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=4021189&tmp...

It covers most of the reasons that I give you.

Hope this helps!
RobertoR

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :smileyvery-happy:
Honor Student
jaantey
Message 3 of 4 (514 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet F2400 pulls paper halfway through and stop, attn light starts to flash

Hi RobertOR,

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately none of the mentioned possibilities are the reasons, it seems. The paper feeds in half way, then hangs and when I press the cancel button, the paper gets released, without being printed on.

Cheers,

JaanTey

Professor
RobertoR
Message 4 of 4 (509 Views)

[ Edited ]

Jaantey; How you are doing well;
I will do some research and reach out to some peers to see if there is other steps we can take to further troubleshoot your this issue if I find something helpful or useful I will immediately come and inform you thru this thread,

In the meantime let’s take other steps ,
This is the main support page for the printer HP Deskjet F2410 is these printer the one you are referring to? If there is; Go to link below select software and drivers download and select your operating system. Upgrade the firmware of the printer. If an upgrade is available you can get it there.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?product=4021189&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&tmp_track_link...

I will also sending some steps in Private message I will request that you do not share this ones in the open forum, Thanks in advance for that.

Hope this helps!
RobertoR

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :smileyvery-happy:
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation