Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP Envy 100 D410b

FPU: CN519-64001[56]

I am using windows 7 64 bit

The display screen on the front of the printer is a now just a flickering column of straight lines - the options are not showing up - it seems like you can still touch the screen and get it to choose an option, but you can't see what you are touching

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello paultierney,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand your Envy 100 display screen is not working. I will do my best to assist you. Please make sure this printer is plugged into a direct wall, not a surge protector. I just want to see if this makes a difference.

Please follow this entire HP document on Blank Control Panel Display. If you're receiving the same issue, then please contact HP technical support for assistance. Click here to find out: HP Worldwide Contact.

Good luck.

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

thanks I tried it and still isn't good but I can use the device - interestingly, just like one of the other customers that had this problem, when I used the scanning feature wirelessly from my laptop,  the display actuall began to improve and I could see most of the options for the first time in months

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.