05-09-2014 06:23 PM - edited 05-09-2014 06:48 PM
I've got my HP Envy 5530 printer hooked up via USB to my laptop running Windows 7 (64-bit), and it won't print anything although it can scan perfectly fine. I can't use wireless, as I am currently attending a university. It doesn't print from Word or Adobe at all, even though it's recognized as the default printer. I hit "print" in Word and then no documents show up in the printer queue. I can print test pages but only internally from the printer itself (like status pages).
This only started happening after I installed the full features in order to scan something into my computer; before this, the printer worked perfectly fine on the basic driver. I've uninstalled and reinstalled different versions of both the full featured software and the basic drivers multiple times, and restarted both the printer and the computer multiple times, to no avail. I also can't set preferences for the printer from the main software menu. I've run the Print and Scan doctor program on it and it says it's a software issue, but I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software and drivers and it doesn't work at all! Nothing is working!
05-13-2014 09:19 AM
Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.
I see that you are having some issues when attempting to reinstall the printer to your Windows 7 computer. I would like to suggest that you try one more step and that would be to click on the following link and run the HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows.
If the troubleshooting does not help resolve your issue, I would then suggest calling HP's Technical Support to see about further options for you. If you are calling within North America, the number is 1-800-474-6836 and for all other regions, click here: click here.
Thank you for your time.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series