11-20-2013 02:20 PM
I'm new to the community and was wondering if someone could guide me to the process of upgrading the firmware and/or download for a 5si printer. I've never done it before. Thanks.
P.S. This thread has been moved from Community Feedback & Suggestions to Laserjets. - Hp Forum Moderator
11-21-2013 01:13 AM
"The firmware SIMM on the HP LaserJet 5si formatter cannot be flashed. A new formatter is recommended if the printer does not have the latest firmware version."
Someone else asked about the same thing in 2002, and got a similar answer:
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)