07-11-2013 03:24 PM
An end user took it upon themselves to reset the password on our HP Laserjet 400 M475dn as they left our company. As a result, we at IT have no access to the printer, and both the physical touchscreen and the web interface prompt for a password to make any changes.
Attempted firmware upgrade, but settings are retained after updating the firmware.
Is there any way to do a hard factory reset on this thing? In the past holding "Go" and "Cancel" on power up would reset other models, but this one has no physical buttons, and the soft keys don't seem to initialize until halfway through boot.
All HP's faq offers is where in the menu system to turn off security. Which would be helpful if we knew the password to change any system settings!
Anyone have any luck finding a way wipe these guys when the password is unrecoverable?
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)