07-11-2013 03:24 PM
An end user took it upon themselves to reset the password on our HP Laserjet 400 M475dn as they left our company. As a result, we at IT have no access to the printer, and both the physical touchscreen and the web interface prompt for a password to make any changes.
Attempted firmware upgrade, but settings are retained after updating the firmware.
Is there any way to do a hard factory reset on this thing? In the past holding "Go" and "Cancel" on power up would reset other models, but this one has no physical buttons, and the soft keys don't seem to initialize until halfway through boot.
All HP's faq offers is where in the menu system to turn off security. Which would be helpful if we knew the password to change any system settings!
Anyone have any luck finding a way wipe these guys when the password is unrecoverable?
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series