11-15-2012 02:41 PM - edited 11-15-2012 02:44 PM
Well, after having many knots banging my head against the corporate wall I need a driver that actually works for the LaserJet 4050 using Windows 7 Home Premium.
The printer is connected using a parallel/USB cable and have tried 3 different cables from two manufacturers. I've tried PCL5, PCL5e, PCL6 and the UPD. Windows DOES have all of the above listed in their drivers list while configuring a new printer but they either do not work or Windows tells me the driver is not installed.
We purchased the desktop computer from Best Buy (no help) and contacted Dell (no help). Called HP and their tech support team put me on hold to "ask another technician and had me on hold so long their phone booted me into a cue where the person answering the phone "could not hear me" -- yea, right.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Fixing Print Quality Problems for the HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One Printers
- HP Printers - Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)