Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet 5035 MPF
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello,

I'm troubleshooting a problem with a printer HP LaserJet 5035 MPF.

The control panel is showing the 49.FF81 Error, this what I did:

- Update the firmware  and the drivers to the latest version.

- Cold reset

- Change the hard drive.

I turn the printer ON, configure the TCP/IP stack. the printer start working properly.

After 5 to 10 minutes, the control panel shows 49.FF81 Error and I loose the access and the printer won't work.

I'm trying to make a hard disk reset, but I did not find the procedure how to do it.

Please, I need some help.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I doubt the hard disk is your issue but below are the instructions which are in the service manual which you say you have.

1. Turn off the device.
2. Turn the device on and immediately hold down the Start button on the control-panel keypad as
soon as the control-panel display backlight illuminates.
3. Continue to hold down the Start button until all three control-panel LEDs remain illuminated.
Release the Start button.
4. Press the 5 button to access the mid-level service mode function.
5. Press 6 to select the mid-level service mode function (Initialize Disks).

If in fact the unit goes to the error after any amount of time with the printer not attached to anything except power, I would think you need to replace the formatter.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

What happens if you leave the network cable disconnected and leave the printer on.  Does the error appear after some time or it stays on ready.  If it stays on ready, then assign the printer a new ip address not in use and do the same thing.  If it stay ready, that would indicate there is a job on someone's computer which is still trying to print which is corrupt and causes the error on the printer.  Only way to resolve would be to find the computer with the job on it and delete the bad job.  If when assigned a new ip address it comes to ready and then again goes to the 49 error that would indicate you have an issue with your network and not the printer.  Your network would seem to be broadcasting packets to all devices and the printer does not like what is being broadcast to it.

HP Recommended

Hi,

First thank you for your reply.

I did all these test, with or without a network connection, we always had the same issue.

I even delete the printer from the print server and re-install and reconfigure the printer again, plus I deleted the printer from all the workstations and recreate it. but still the same issue.

Its why Im asking for: the hard disk initialization ? to find out if the new disk that I put is corrupted or not ?

Thank you

HP Recommended
You can download the Service Manual from: www.feedroler.com

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have the user guide manual and a service guide, I went through it.

I'm looking just for the steps for the Hard Disk initialization.

Thank you

HP Recommended
Try this:

To perform a hard-disk initialization

1) Turn the MFP off wait 10 seconds and then turn back on.

2) When the memory count appears on the control-panel display press the right-hand side of the START button until all three LEDs are lit, then release the START button.

3) Press 5 one time. INITIALIZE DISK appears on the control-panel display.

4) Press 6 one time.

A series of asterisks appears on the control-panel display.

Wait for the MFP to complete its initialization sequence.

HP Recommended

I doubt the hard disk is your issue but below are the instructions which are in the service manual which you say you have.

1. Turn off the device.
2. Turn the device on and immediately hold down the Start button on the control-panel keypad as
soon as the control-panel display backlight illuminates.
3. Continue to hold down the Start button until all three control-panel LEDs remain illuminated.
Release the Start button.
4. Press the 5 button to access the mid-level service mode function.
5. Press 6 to select the mid-level service mode function (Initialize Disks).

If in fact the unit goes to the error after any amount of time with the printer not attached to anything except power, I would think you need to replace the formatter.

HP Recommended

Hi,

You are right, its the famous formatter

While waiting for help, I replaced the hard disk still having the issue. So I knew that the last thing to try is to replace the formatter.

Thank you

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.