Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I am using the HP LaserJet 1525nw Color Laser Printer. It is half a year old and equipped with the original color cartridges.

Since a few days, the colors are extremely misaligned.

The "Diagnosis Page" clearly shows misaligned angles an page one.

The colored angles are misaligned by up to 2 millimeters.

I started calibrating the printer over and over, always checking the diagnosis prints in between.

After 6 calibrations I have reached almost satisfactuary results but misalignment could still be clearly seen.

A 7th calibration made it all worse again.

Does this lead anywhere? Shouldn't calibration work in the first place?

Has anybody faced the same problem and has got a solution?

Any help is kindly appreciated.

Best regards

Ilko

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi llko,

How low are the toner cartridges?

If you have one that is on the very low side or empty then the alignment will not work properly. Replace any cartridges that are low or empty to see if the alignment works properly.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem - the colors are not aligned. You can see how far off the colors are in the attachment. I have spent a small fortune on replacement cartridges as recommended by HP support. I need help determining whatever the REAL problem is. 

HP Recommended

Hi hp_printer_513,

How low are the toner cartridges?

If you have one that is on the very low side or empty then the alignment will not work properly. Replace any cartridges that are low or empty to see if the alignment works properly.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

My solution was to reset the printer back to the factory default by shutting off the printer while holding down the two arrow keys, continuing to hold the 2 arrows for 10 seconds while the printer was off, then turning the printer back one while holding down the arrows for an additional 3 seconds. Then I recalibrated the printer which got me close. I replaced the yellow cartridge, the only one that had not already been replaced, recalibrated again and it is now working. That was an expensive problem to fix - $250+ in HP cartridges.

HP Recommended

Hi hp_printer_513,

Glad to hear the issue is resolved. Have a wonderful day.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with this printer, color alignment fell off after about a year. Put in fresh cartridges and recalabrated a dozen times. Called HP support and was told that that is not a problem that can be fixed, I need a new printer.

Looked this model up on Amazon, checkedout the 1 star reviews and sure enough, bad color registration occured for these people after as little as 9 months.

HP Recommended

I too bought one of these printers and as with the other posters experienced colour misalignment.

Being told to 'replace the toner cartridges' every time it misaligns is really not acceptable.

It seems that this printer is just doomed to go out of alignment and there isn't anything that can be done about it. It would be nice if HP acknowledged this and came up with some sort of resolution but I doubt that it will happen.

Having also experienced problems with the previous HP colour laserjet it looks like HP have lost the quality that was a trademark of their laser printers.

HP Recommended

I've the same problem and i'm very sad to read that there isn't a solution!! (the magenta not aligned cartridge is abot 50%) 

HP Recommended

I am having an alignment issue as well.  The Cyan and Yellow are off a good bit and they are both showing very low.  I replaced the Cyan and it did not help.  My question is if one color is low can it make another color out of alignment?  I dont want to waste another $70 if this is not going to fix the issue. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.