Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Been reading through a lot of posts regarding similar problem but I can't seem to fix mine.

Its a HP LaserJet P1102w printer configured to print wirelessly.

Its been installed on various computers running various versions of windows - and they can all print off the printer wirelessly without any problems after the INITIAL install.  (This includes AirPrint off an iPhone 4 as well).  Printing continues to work flawlessly over wireless network should printer go into standby.

The problem occurs when the printer is powered off.

Once powered back on nothing can print off of it wirelessly - iPhone cannot find it on the network either.

Steps I've taken/tried:

- Printer is assigned a static IP address on router.

- Printer test page after initial install shows no problems on all devices it was installed on.

- Self Test / Device Configuartion page shows IP address as 0.0.0.0 - I believe this is a problem

- All computers and router settings shows the printer status as "offline" when its powered on

- The printer - when powered off and on, appears to be connected to something, the wireless light is solid blue.  I've tried pushing it once to see if it'll reconnect properly but it doesn't - after blinking rapidly it turns solid blue again but still doesn't work.

- Everytime its been powered off and on again - I have to reset the printer to factory settings and reinstall it for it to function again - everything works fine again as long as it does not lose power.

- Firmware has been updated to latest as of this post.  (Datecode 20120130)

I'm not sure what to do at this point, it appears the printer is unable to retain any settings once it loses power.  The IP address assigned to it is static and consistent everytime I had to reset and reinstall it so I don't think its a router issue.  Really disappointed with the fustrations this printer has put me through.  Any help or advice would be appreciated, thanks!

30 REPLIES 30
HP Recommended

Did you read the info on this link?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

I have the same problem, only mine usually starts when it runs out of paper.  Reload paper, restart printer - not matter what I do, it's lost on the network.  Runs fine until something interrupts the setup.  And like the previous poster, Self test says all is ok.  I also tried everything on that link someone provided, and no luck.  Any other help available?  Thanks.

HP Recommended

Just went over that link, tried all but one of those steps - setting the IP address manually through the printer.

Had to restore to factory settings and reinstall it to access it - configured for manual IP settings according to that page and everything works fine just like before... until the printer loses power... 

Printing the Self Test report before powering off shows that it was configured manually with the right IP settings, when the power is lost the Self Test shows the IP is set to manual configuration however the DHCP/BOOTP Server is 0.0.0.0 instead of the appropriate numbers that were previously there.

HP Recommended

What channel is the router set to?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended
It's on 11
HP Recommended

That setting is all zeroes on mine also.  I should mention that it's the airprint that gives us the initial problem, but it appears to have hosed more than that.  I couldn't even pull up the support screen when I tried to login by the IP address, even though the report says connected and the wifi light is solid blue

HP Recommended

cscudder: I had the same problems too - try resetting it to factory settings and then re-installing the software to configure it over wireless again.  Once you have it connected, try accessing the printer IP address again.

Factory reset can be done by powering on the printer and then holding on to the wireless and X button together for 10-15 seconds.  Lights will blink and then stop, the blue wireless light will then be off.

HP Recommended

Thanks X... I'll try it tomorrow at the office - but I set it up twice now.  The first time, and when it crapped out the first time.  Today it ran out of paper again, and I tried everything BUT factory reset, and got nowhere.  The HP wifi app couldn't even find the network.  What about the dhcp setting at 0.0.0.0?  Anything to that?

HP Recommended

Just an update - I just noticed my iPhone now can detect and AirPrint to the printer, but computers cannot (thinks its offline).  I haven't done anything to the settings since my last post stating when I powered it off... it just started working all of a sudden.  DHCP still says 0.0.0.0 after printing another self test.  I did try accessing the IP address via browser previously as well and it did not work, but I am now able to access it.  Weird 😞

Edit: I must've pushed the wireless connect button when I reported this.  I tried to reproduce the results as above today and it looks like after pushing the wireless connect button (even though its already solid blue after powering on) will allow it to be found by the iPhone and via IP address access from browser.

Previously configured computers are still unable to print to it though

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.