Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My LaserJet P2055dn displays this notice on the LCD screen on the printer:

49 Err 4750B1E

Turn Off and On

When searching for this error on HP's website, or simply searching the Internet, I get no results. The only results I find which are helpful at all are HP fourm posts for similar "49" errors (as one poster calls them).

These "49" errors seem to be an issue with the printer recieving bad data. I have turned the printer off and back on again three times now (every time it asks). I have also cleared the print queue.

Please advise of any issues I should consider or supply me with more information on the topic, if you can. It would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

-SMSComputerGuy

St. Mary's School

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello SMSComputerGuy

It is difficult to say what could be causing the 79 error but firmware updates are available for the product so make sure you download the latest from HP.com.  The most recent version is 20131112. Click here to go to the firmware download page.

I hope this helps. 

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Thanks.

But on the Installation Instructions page for this firmware update, it says to use the update file named for my printer (p2055dn_FW) and not the general one (p2055_FW). But this general file is the only one I can find. Is this the correct file?

HP Recommended

SMSComouterGuy,

I tested the file today on an P2055dn and all worked well. It appears the instructions may be old. The P2055dn upgraded without issue when using the file ljp2055_FW_Update_20131112_SIGNED.exe.

Regards.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

When I try to update the firmware the program says it could not contact the printer. I can print to the printer from my computer, including using settings such as automatic duplex printing. I can also access the printers little web page (whatever it's called) by typing the IP address into the browser. I am connected over the network, and have not tried to connect via USB.

The instructions for the firmware upgrade says to go to settings and set RPU to "on". But i cannot find this setting on the printer.

HP Recommended

Hi SMSComputerGuy,

Depending on the firmware version you currently have installed on the P2055 you may or may not have the RFU (stands for Remote Firmware Update) menu item. From the control panel press the OK button to enter the menus. Use the arrow keys until you see Service and then choose OK. Once in the Service menu use the arrow keys to see if you have an RFU meneu item. If you do choose OK when it appears and then set it to ON. Then you can perform the update. If you don't have the RFU menu item you are good to proceed with the firmware update.

Best regards

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Hi !

(i'm french so...)

I dont have RFU menu and it doesn't work after download lastest version firmware.

But I have clear the printer and now it work.

Clear printer : From the control panel press the OK button to enter the menus. Use the arrow keys until you see Service and then choose OK. Once in the Service menu use the arrow keys to see if you have an clear meneu item (i think).

For more information, i had this problem when i wanted print  47 pages of a PDF file and the error comes at the 18th page. So i have print 1-17 pages and then 19-47, and the 18th by screenprint.

After clear the printer, all is allright.

Pacotill

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.