Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
LaserJet P3015

Hello,

I have a LaserJet P3015 that has the "slow printing issue". When I sent a job to the printer it takes from 2 to 10 minutes to print. I changed the drivers, added the printer directly to the computers instead of the server. Nothing helps.

Can you please give me some ideas how to troubleshoot this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for your responce. The issue is now resolved. It was caused by the printer PCL6 driver. Switching to PCL5 resolved the issue.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Good afternoon Dido,

I just need a little more information from you. Does this happen on any job sent to the printer or is it a specific print job? There are many things that could be going on (I.E. the size of the document, the application being used, specific graphics, fonts, ect.) If it happens on all jobs you may need to try doing a firmware update on the device and see if that helps.. Here is the URL for the FW update: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=3815799&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4063

HP Recommended

Good afternoon Dido,

I just need a little more information from you. Does this happen on any job sent to the printer or is it a specific print job? There are many things that could be going on (I.E. the size of the document, the application being used, specific graphics, fonts, ect.) if it is just one specific document or application.  If it happens on all jobs you may need to try doing a firmware update on the device and see if that helps.. Here is the URL for the FW update: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=3815799&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4063 

If neither of these help, your formatter may be going bad and may need to be replaced. Typically though if a formatter goes bad it will happen instantly and you don't really "notice" it going bad. I think the issue resides in either the specific document or application you may be printing from.

Hope this Helps!

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for your responce. The issue is now resolved. It was caused by the printer PCL6 driver. Switching to PCL5 resolved the issue.

HP Recommended

hi i have the slow printing issue either, it mostly happens in papers smaller than A4.

when using the tray1 prints only the first sheet fast others are too slow even on A4.

could you please help

HP Recommended

Hello, are you using a PCL 5 or PCL 6 driver? I would start by changing to PCL 5, as well as, check all the paper handling settings and guides. If you have done all that, I would try a firmware update after that just for grins.

Hope this helps....

HP Recommended
Hi, i have recently changed to PCL5 but u felt no change. What do u mean by "paper handling settings" & where can i find the firmware update?
HP Recommended

Paper handling settings are the settings that tell the machine what is loaded in the tray, when you slide the tray in you should get a message confirming the paper size and type on the control panel. The firmware can be found by doing a google search or go to HP's website.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.