Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have setted a password that I don't remember. How can I reset the printer to the factory default?

Many thanks

P.S. This thread has been moved from Printers - LaserJet to Multifunction and All-in-One - HP Forums Moderator

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

i have same problem

may anyone help plz 

HP Recommended

NVRAM initialization (Cold Reset copied from the service manual):

Performing an NVRAM initialization resets the following settings and information:

●All menu settings are reset to factory default values.

●All localization settings, including language and country/region, are reset.

CAUTION: All onboard network settings are also reset. Be sure to print a configuration page before restoring defaults. Make note of the IP address that is listed on the Jetdirect configuration page. You might need to restore the IP address after an NVRAM initialization. After performing an NVRAM initialization, reconfigure any computers that print to this product.

1. Turn the product off.

2. Touch the right arrow button. Hold this button as you turn the product on.

NOTE: The right arrow button is not visible when the product is off, but it is still active. Note its position before you turn off the product.

3. When Permanent storage init. appears on the display, release the right arrow button.

When the product has finished the NVRAM initialization, it returns to the Ready state.

Experts are not HP Employees. Experts are advanced users, administrators, technicians, engineers or business partners who volunteer their time to answer community questions.

Please mark anything that is helpful with a Kudo.
When you are done troubleshooting, please mark one of the responses as the Solution.
This feedback enhances the community by helping future readers choose between multiple similar responses.

HP Recommended
Hi,
I tried following the instruction here but does not work. Can anyone please message me how to reset the printer. Thanks!
HP Recommended

Press and hold the lower left hand corner of the screen when you boot the printer. There is a secret spot on the screen that will trigger the cold reset process.  The spot is about where the progress bar starts when the machine is booting.

Experts are not HP Employees. Experts are advanced users, administrators, technicians, engineers or business partners who volunteer their time to answer community questions.

Please mark anything that is helpful with a Kudo.
When you are done troubleshooting, please mark one of the responses as the Solution.
This feedback enhances the community by helping future readers choose between multiple similar responses.

HP Recommended

This one works

@John Getzke wrote:

Press and hold the lower left hand corner of the screen when you boot the printer. There is a secret spot on the screen that will trigger the cold reset process.  The spot is about where the progress bar starts when the machine is booting.

this one works!!!!!

HP Recommended

Yes, this works for me too, had chosen Italian by mistake and didn't understand anything, thanks a lot for the info.

HP Recommended

took a while to find it but it worked!!! YEA!!! thanks

HP Recommended

Indeed there is secret button on top of progress bar.

Thanks guys

It was headache.

HP should rectify Language issues.

HP Recommended

Hi,

i post a Tutorial Video.

Have Fun.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.