Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi

I have question about HP LaserJet Pro MFP M125 Printer Does it work with Windows Server 2008 R2 Remode Desktop Services? "RDP Printer Redirection".

Can't Print From Terminal Server 

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

To enable printer redirection you need to have the same print driver installed on the local client as you do the RDP session/server.  If the print drivers cannot synch up then you wont be able to send print jobs from the RDP session back to the physical machine or vice versa.

What are the OSs that you are working with?  Are you using a UPD and if so which one?  UPDs are the easiest way to enable printer redirection since printer specific drivers must be designed for specific OSs.

Experts are not HP Employees. Experts are advanced users, administrators, technicians, engineers or business partners who volunteer their time to answer community questions.

Please mark anything that is helpful with a Kudo.
When you are done troubleshooting, please mark one of the responses as the Solution.
This feedback enhances the community by helping future readers choose between multiple similar responses.

HP Recommended

Hello

I have the same problem, the MFP M125 printer cannot print redirection from remote desktop

the user must use the RDP via VPN, we purchase the printer and we cannot print remotely. since it is open from the box we cannot returned by another one,

N.B: other HP printer worked fine as HP 1102 W

i tried many solution with no success,

hope as HP send a new solution as soon as possible

Thank You

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have some problem!

I could print from Windows XP x32 RDP but I had to exchange the OS to Windows 7 x32.

And the RDP printing cannot work under Win7 RDP.

I can see the printed documents in RDP queue and after my computer's queue but the MPF M125 doesn't print anything.

In my opinion is it simple driver problem, because it worked on XP RDP.

I need help ASAP!!!

Thank You

HP Recommended

Hi,

the same problem.

The local station has W7 32bit, the RDP "server" W7 64bit. The printing goes to local queue, but nothing to printer. I tried UPD PCL 5,6, PS, but it's not working on local station.

Do anyone have solme solution, for ex. another driver?

Thank you

HP Recommended

yup it does work. I've got m125a and m125nw both working on 2008 r2 server, clients running vista 32 and 8.1 64 bit.

The solution is:

- do not install hp or ms driver on server

- on vista install hp driver

- on 8.1 do not install hp driver - 8.1 will install his own driver (no PCLms in its name)

With that configuration vista will run on easy print driver at server side with no problems.

HP Recommended

I dont get it.

How u install printer without drivers?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.