Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

The M127fn is connected to a desktop that has most of the power saving features in Windows 7 turned off.

All installed pieces of software have been updated as of Sep 23-2104.

The M127fn is set as the default printer.

Upon changing the printer properties to "print directly to the printer", printing from notepad displayed a new error of "A SmartDocPrinter call was not issued" instead of the other error of "incorrect parameter" when it was set to spool.

Printing from Internet Explorer 11 and Firefox 28 and 33 does not work and just shows a generic cannot print error.

Any other ideas?

HP Recommended

Hi HP_User_43,

So that didn't make any difference. Just switch it back.

At this point, we have exhausted our options.

Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. Contact HP. They have access to remote into your computer to see more of what is going on.

Let me know the results please.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I can print  image in bmp format in pdf, jpg, msaccess, excel  correctly,

but cannot print it in word when the size of image is adjusted manually smaller than the actual size.

The word just print the same size of the image in the same area for printing, so just display a small part of the image.

This is in contrast to all my previous purchase of HP Laserjet all-in-one printer beforehand.

I call the HP support by phone but he just lead me to print  it in openoffice and it works OK (but still not in ms-word).

He allso tell me to update the printer driver but still cannot print correctly under ms-word!!!

PS:- I am usuing winxp sp3 and my office is office-2002.

HP Recommended

Hi @thhui18 ,

I see that you are having issues printing from Office 2002. Although HP doesn't support Office 2002, I am happy to be able to help you as best I can.

Here is a document on a list of fixes for the Office XP Service Pack 3 that might help you with this issue.

List of issues that are fixed in Word 2002 by Office XP Service Pack 3.

This document provides steps for renaming Normal.dot Template for document specific printing problems.

How to troubleshoot printing problems in Word 2002.

If you are still having issues, please contact Microsoft for further assistance.

Have a nice day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Finally found a solution that worked for us.   Over the months, we did end up purchasing several models of HP OfficeJet and LaserJet printers for our organization, and all that were installed on machines with Win 7 64-bit operating systems had the same problems printing. 

What we did to resolve it:  

1.  Delete the old installation of HP software entirely, and reboot.

2.  Browse to C:\Windows\Temp and right-click, choose Properties.

3.  Choose the Security tab.  Edit permissions and allow all users Full Control on the C:\Windows\Temp directory.

4.  Install the HP software as before and test.  It should work now!

Hope you have the same success we did.  It worked every time on various HP printer models for us.

HP Recommended

H @,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I try but

Still to no avail

MS Word still not able to print image correctly with modification of size.

By the way,

I found another serious problem in excel 2002.

Usually, before my change of the HP mf127fn,  I can print excel documents with more than 1 copy , say 2 or 3 times.

But now, it just say my computermemory is full and there is error to print out. Just print one copy instead.

I refine it with no collation option, and it works.

It really is a real bug on this printer with no collation printout in excel .

Pls help!!!

HP Recommended

Hi thhui18,

The product does not have enough memory to process the job. If the product is processing other jobs, send the job again after those jobs have finished.

If the problem continues, turn off the power by using the power switch, and then wait at least 30 seconds. Turn on the power and wait for the product to initialize.

Break the job into smaller jobs that contain fewer pages.

Resend the print job in raster mode. Set the “Print Data Optimization” setting in the print driver to “Optimize for Raster”.

•Go to start, devices and printers, right click on the printer icon and left click printer preferences,
•Click the Advanced tab.
•Click the + beside document options.
•Click the + beside printer features.
•Click printer data optimization, change it to optimized for Raster.

I have also used text & vector instead of auto.

Check through the print driver to see if you have the option to change the memory size.

Go to start, devices and printers, right click your printer, left click printer properties, click on Device Settings tab, go down to Installable options, select Printer Memory and from the drop down select 256 MB.

This information was provided by this document. Resolving Control Panel Messages.

If you are still having issues, turn off the Archive Printing on the printer, to see if that makes a difference.

Go to setup, service, archive printing, turn it off.

For the Word Software not printing the correct size, you would have to contact Microsoft for further assistance.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I did all your suggested salution  but still facing the same problem. Printer does not print from Microsoft office 2013 and Acrobat 11 Pro.

HP Recommended

Hi @ALA-GROUP,

I see that you are having issues printing from Microsoft office 2013 and Acrobat 11 Pro. I'd like to help you.

If you can print from all other applications, it wouldn't be a driver issue. It would most likely be a setting in the application or it needs to be updated.

Run all the Windows Updates and Adobe Acrobat.

The application you are using might require the printer to be set as the default printer and probably doesn't have the ability to search for other printers.

Close the application.

Set the printer as the default printer. Go to devices and printers, right click the printer, left click set as default.

Restart the computer.

Make sure the application is set to the proper printer name.

Open the application and try printing again.

I have provided a URL on issues with printing in Word if you are still having issues.

How to troubleshoot printing problems in Word.

The printer supports Device languages: PCL3 GUI. It may be the font you are using.

What operating system are you using? How to Find the Windows Edition and Version on Your Computer.

If you are still having issues printing from Office, please contact Microsoft for further assistance.

Have a great day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I found a solution. I had the similar problem with a MFP M125-126 in a Windows 7 x64 environment.

In my system first finish a free space on drive C:. During a printing I received a message that there is no enough free space.

To solve this issue, I moved a temporary files location to E:\TEMP folder. 

After this, the printing attemtps failed with the same symptoms as described above.

I lost 3-4 days in unstallations, installations and so on, but wtill the same.

Finally, I just set the security permissions of e:\temp (my new temporary files location) to "everyone" with a "full control".

And now error messages dissapears.

As a software developer, I will suggest to HP Soft development team to display some normal error message, instead of this generic error.

Best regards,

Zdravko

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.