Question

Student
Nahodil_Tech
Message 1 of 2 (11,433 Views)

HP Laserjet P2055dn Printing Dirty, smeared pages despite cleaning and Toner Cartridge Replacement

[ Edited ]

Have a LJP2055dn that is printing dirty, smeared pages.  I have cleaned all visible rollers and have tried several swaps of Toner Cartridge.  I have also tried a "Cleaning" Option which is in the Hardware's menu.  None of these issues have resolved the smudged and dirty unclear printouts.

Would a Fuser Replacement be indicated and what might be anticipated results?  Are there any other replacement parts (rollers etc) that come with that Fuser Kit, or perhaps there is a General Maintenance Kit?

Operating System Windows 7 Environmement.  Network Printer.

Thank you,

Brian Nahodil

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 2 of 2 (11,412 Views)

Re: HP Laserjet P2055dn Printing Dirty, smeared pages despite cleaning and Toner Cartridge Replacement

Hi there ,

This article should cover the issue you are experiencing. Give the steps outlined a shot and let us know if it helps.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=110&prodSeriesId=...

Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation