08-30-2012 04:30 PM
The problem can also be caused by an unsupported USB device being attached, or because the printer is plugged into a USB hub according to this document. If you've tried all the steps in that document, then you will need to replace the printer. If you're in warranty, HP should replace the printer for you. Check your warranty here. You can reach HP tech support by calling 1-800-474-6836 in the US and Canada, international users click here.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Fixing Print Quality Problems for the HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One Printers
- HP Printers - Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)