HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
06-07-2012 08:33 PM
My printer worked fine until I recently moved it to a new location and signed on to a new wireless network. Now when I have returned to my old one, it is extremely slow to react, almost as if it's taking forever to spool.... sometimes a good 45 seconds will elapse between the print command and the beginning of printing. Is the problem in my printer or my comuter or both? Any ideas?
06-08-2012 10:43 AM
Hey WheatonGuy. Try printing a test page and timing how long it takes. Here is how:
- Load U.S. letter or A4 size, unused, plain, white paper into the input tray.
- Press the Power button ( ) to turn on the product.
- On the product touch screen, touch the Right Arrow ( ) to display the second navigation screen.
- Touch Setup ( ) on the control panel display. The Setup Menu displays.
- Touch the Down Arrow ( ), and then touch Reports .
- Touch Printer Status Report . The test page prints.
- Measure the time (in seconds) it takes for the test page to print.
- If the test page prints in less than 60 seconds , and other documents take about the same time, this is normal print speed and you do not need to troubleshoot.
- If the test page prints in less than 60 seconds , but other print jobs take significantly longer than 60 seconds, continue to the next step.
- If the test page prints in more than 60 seconds , continue to the next step.
Let me know the results and we can go from there.
06-08-2012 11:15 AM
06-08-2012 12:12 PM
Awesome! Glad to hear we got it working. If you wouldnt mind could you click the grenn "Accept as Solution" button on the post that solved the issue? This makes it easier for other users to find a resolution.