Question

Honor Student
WheatonGuy
Message 1 of 4 (376 Views)

HP Office Jet Pro 8600 Plus Windows 7 why is my printer suddenly so slow to respond?

My printer worked fine until I recently moved it to a new location and signed on to a new wireless network. Now when I have returned to my old one, it is extremely slow to react, almost as if it's taking forever to spool.... sometimes a good 45 seconds will elapse between the print command and the beginning of printing. Is the problem in my printer or my comuter or both? Any ideas?

Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 2 of 4 (366 Views)

Re: HP Office Jet Pro 8600 Plus Windows 7 why is my printer suddenly so slow to respond?

Hey WheatonGuy. Try printing a test page and timing how long it takes. Here is how:

1. Load U.S. letter or A4 size, unused, plain, white paper into the input tray.
  2. Press the Power button ( ) to turn on the product.
  3. On the product touch screen, touch the Right Arrow ( ) to display the second navigation screen.
  4. Touch Setup ( ) on the control panel display. The Setup Menu displays.
  5. Touch the Down Arrow ( ), and then touch Reports .
  6. Touch Printer Status Report . The test page prints.
  7. Measure the time (in seconds) it takes for the test page to print.
  8. If the test page prints in less than 60 seconds , and other documents take about the same time, this is normal print speed and you do not need to troubleshoot.
  9. If the test page prints in less than 60 seconds , but other print jobs take significantly longer than 60 seconds, continue to the next step.
  10. If the test page prints in more than 60 seconds , continue to the next step.

Let me know the results and we can go from there.

Thanks

Sean

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Honor Student
WheatonGuy
Message 3 of 4 (361 Views)

Re: HP Office Jet Pro 8600 Plus Windows 7 why is my printer suddenly so slow to respond?

I re ran Wireless setup Wizard..... you confirmed that the printer was ok....but #9 and 10 refer to next step, but don't say what that step is.....but it seems ok, so you get a kudos star anyway!
Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 4 of 4 (358 Views)

Awesome! Glad to hear we got it working. If you wouldnt mind could you click the grenn "Accept as Solution" button on the post that solved the issue? This makes it easier for other users to find a resolution.

Thanks again!

Sean

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation