Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Im having the same issue now. I have followed all the steps in the video to try and clear an actual jam. Can you send me the link as well?
HP Recommended

@thecounselorman, Welcome to the forums!

I have just sent you a private message with the reset instructions. If they do not resolve the issue, contact HP directly next at their contact link below. If you are not sure how to check your forum messages this post, has instructions.

Reach HP's Technical Support directly at www.hp.com/contacthp/

Good luck!

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Thanks. I will try it.
HP Recommended

This did not work for me

The screen that the instructions call for me to use does not come up because the unit is stuck in "paper jam" mode

The advice is appreciated, but usless, as is the unit

I've bought HP for years, usually happy, but not this time

HP Recommended

I have tried everything. I hate this printer and am ready to throw it away and try a new brand. Never had a machine with some many and constant false paper jam when faxing. I have tried everything.

HP Recommended

My warrenty expired in 5/15. I will never by another hp printer again!

HP Recommended

Cleaning the closest and found our HP Officejet Pro 8600. Forgot while we bailed on it and bought the Canon until I fired it up to have a second printer downstairs. Ah yes, the false paper jam problem. Now I remember the frustration. So I see that there is a reset procedure to try fixing the problem. I've re-downloaded drivers and software and nothing else works. Followed all directions and checked for any loose bits of paper. Nothing.  How do I get the reset procedure to see if that is the magic cure?

HP Recommended
I am having the same issue. Can you also send me a private message?
HP Recommended

Hi,

I'm having the same issue with paper jam.  Once there was no jam and it started working again.  Last week there was a paper jam, but it did not reset.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Can I have the contents of the private message? Can you also tell me why you can't post the solution on this forum?

I have tried everything else. I even called customer support. They walked me through all the standard procedures and then told me to buy a new printer. I am a few inches away from not buying HP ever again. So, I hope you can help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.