Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I am back and guess what.  I am now worse than before.  I thought the issue was taken care of and was actually excited to finish a project that I started this past friday.  Well I placed small quantities of paper in the paper tray, and it seemed to work.  But after 20 or 30 copies (I am printing a 2 sided 1 color copies, but had to print one side first and then print the other side), the problem came back.  Now it took me a little bit more than 1 hour, yes, 1 hour to print 10 pieces of paper

(1 side only) as after it printed 1 or 2 copies, I had to remove paper tray and back of printer.  It takes about 5 minutes to start again and it may print 1, yes 1 copy and it goes back to paper jam.   UUUUURRRRGGGGHHHH ! ! !

I will have to go to office max to get my copies printed.  and then, throw this garbage out the door.  As this project is due Monday morning.   One thing is for sure, I will post on my facebook page, warnings about this type of printers....

HP Recommended

I am also having the same problems as others described.   My printer has been in use for less than a month, none of the troubleshooting steps on the HP web site have helped much.   I've seen several other posts saying that instructions were sent in a private message, how do I get this same 'private message' to see if there is anything else for me to try before calling HP to have this handled under warranty?

HP Recommended

Hello @siebfam , I welcome you to the HP forums!

For your specific situation where you had already tried the troubleshooting steps for the "false" paper jam issue (the guide located here: A 'Paper Jam' Message Displays on the Printer), did not help you and you have had your printer for a month, you would need to call HP directly as you most likely would need a replacement under your warranty.

HP's contact info:
If you are calling within North America, the number is 1-800-474-6836 and if you are calling outside of the US/Canada,: click here.

All the bestSmiley Happy

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I have also been having the false paper jam message that others are reporting.   All steps have been tried, the printer has never actually had a paper jam.  It did work long enough for me to get the latest firmware loaded, now it dependably tells me I have a paper jam after printing one sheet.

This printer has been unboxed less than 2 months and has less than 200 pages printed.  However it sat in the box for nearly a year before I unpacked it, so HP tells me the warranty is expired.  Due to the poor service of this printer, giving HP my credit card in the hopes that they will get it working is NOT an option.

A number of other posts have mentioned a sensor problem, I would be happy to replace the sensor if I could get my hands on one with the instructions on how to replace it.

Am I out of luck on this one?  I have $100 in ink cartridges I had purchased for the printer that I don't want to waste if I can help it.  However purchasing another of this model of printer is not really an option with the history of the paper jam problem this printer apparantly has. 

HP Recommended

@siebfam ,

Thanks for write me back. I understand the printer is now out of warranty. I have sent you a private message with one very last idea I have for you that may or may not help. It could be worth a shot!:womanhappy:

If you are not sure how to check your forum messages this post, has instructions.

Best wishes to you, have a great Monday:)

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Dear siebfarm; I had one of those private messages and I can tell you that at the end, more than likely you would end up buying a new printer with a "discount" offer.  

In my experience, I had great communication with hp people, unfortunatelly, it is the HP product that it's not as great.  I bought an hp8610, only because I had several cartridges from the 8600.  

I had paid more than $300 dollars on the 8600, and on the 8610 I paid less than $200.  

My frustration becomes a rage knowing that HP knows that the #8600 has a problem, but does not step up and takes full responsibility for their product.  So I suggest we post up on facebook particular products that do not have the support of their own company.  I was hoping to receive an answer as to what was wrong with my HP8600, but on the private messages the only thing I was offered was a "set" of color cartridges and to buy a new printer.

I do not know about anyone else, but I am starting sore of a product warning.  Hp knows the #8600 has an issue, but are not willing to step up and you know why?  because we are not as important to them as if we were a big store.  

HP Recommended

Hi,

i followed the instructions given for both the Partial Reset and the Semi-Full Reset.  Unfortunately I still have the false paper jam problem.  Do you have any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

Hey there @siebfam ,

The resets were my very last two suggestions for you. If the printer is continuing to give you the false jam error, there's a hardware problem and I would say you would be looking at a new printer.

If you do decide to call HP, they might have a trade in option available for you. I'll leave their contact info below.

HP's contact info:
If you are calling within North America, the number is 1-800-474-6836 and if you are calling outside of the US/Canada,: click here.

Best wishes to you:)

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Rainbow 7000,

Yes, I  have the same issue w/ my OfficeJet Pro 8600.....false paper jam message that will not clear. Please send me the solution. Thanks,

Makers_Mark

HP Recommended

Hey there @Makers_Mark ,

Welcome to the community!

Please check out my post that I previously posted above: HERE, and follow the troubleshooting guide for the Paper Jam (false) you're experiencing.

If the guide does not help resolve the issue, I also posted HP's contact information to get in touch with someone about a replacement or trade in.

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.