Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have gone through all of the steps listed on HP support forum posts - multiple times.

I am really getting frustrated.  It seems crazy that the final option would be for me to clean

the rollers, because if I damage them then there is nothing left for anyone to do.

There has to be something someone can do to help fix this issue and its insane that

so many people are having this exact same problem.

Please help!!

HP Recommended

also having problems with jams AND i can't even realign the printheads. tries for 15 minutes then cancels the alignment leaving me with a nonworking printer. all looks fine til i try to print again. when it finally printed there was a 4" left sided blank edge vs the 1" normal one. 

SOLVED....omg....check inside by the ink. had paper crunched way to the right side inside the printer. 

HP Recommended

i have the same problem. driving me nuts. please help!!!!

HP Recommended

I have the same issue and need to be sent this very special private message so I too can avoid throwing this printer out the window.

HP Recommended

Regarding calling HP tech support, I tried that route after all helpful suggestions failed and I was convinced It was a sensor problem with the machine. The printer was then 6 months beyond the end of the second year of "insurance" against technical problems purchased through HP. The best offer from tech support was to sell me a machine of less capability at a reduced price. I checked Amazon and found they would beat HP's offer by about twenty bucks. and after all this hassle, why would I even consider purchase of another HP product?

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue.  Two envelopes caused the initial jam.  I've followed the directions on the unit and online.  I called the 800 HP support line and he walked me through similar steps.  The same paper jam error message continues to pop up.  The technician I spoke to said the only option I have is to buy a new one from him.  Are there any other solutions beyond buying one?  I can't believe one paper jam would lead to hardware replacement.

Any other options?  This printer is not that old.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Any good resolve to this annoying problem?  It really does seem like there is a bad sensor.  Maybe I need a private message?

HP Recommended

The solution for me has been not to buy an HP all-in-one ever again. Their response to me (a longtime loyal customer) was an offer to buy another printer. That's totally unacceptable. They know it. They just don't care.

HP Recommended

Why is the solution so private????   If many need to solution including me....  Please inbox me the secret code 🙂

HP Recommended

Paper Jam error messages with officejet pro 8600   Re called back can't understand a word he said .   trying to see if there is a class action lawsuit on this. Too many people with the same problem for it to be only me. I have counted 52 complaints so far.    I guess they did need a new CEO

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.