02-26-2014 04:22 PM
I currently have a 4 page PDF that I am trying to print, but my printer is only printing 2 pages and then it cancels the remaining pages. Any idea what the problem is or what I need to do? Please Help :-)
02-28-2014 11:49 AM
I understand that you are having an issue with printing multiple page PDF documents on your HP Officejet 4630 printer. I will try my best to help you with this issue. To better guide you, could you please tell me what operating system you are running on your computer and how you are connected, wireless or with a USB cable?
I suggest that you update your Adobe Products on your computer. If you are windows, clear your Temp Folder and download the HP Print and Scan Doctor and run. Then try Resetting the Printer to clear out any errors in the control panel. Make sure the printer is plugged directly to a wall outlet and not a power bar or surge protector. Make all updates for the computer and the printer are done as well.
I hope this helps, if you have a Mac operating system, please let me know.
03-05-2014 06:04 PM - edited 03-05-2014 06:47 PM
I have this same problem but it is not just Adobe files. It is literally anything that is 4 pages or more. Word documents, websites, it doesn't matter. The print job just cancels. HP tech support accessed my computer and installed drivers for the 4620 and this fixed the print problem but then I could not scan. This problem is on all 3 of my Windows 8 machines but the printer works fine on the 1 Windows 7 machine. Seems like the Windows 8 drivers for this printer are flawed. A updated to the drivers is greatly needed.
03-05-2014 06:47 PM - edited 03-05-2014 06:57 PM
UPDATE-I fixed my problem and this is how:
This is how I fixed it:
- Find out what the IP address is that your printer is using.
- Then go to control panel and click on "View Devices and Printers".
- Look for your printer an right click.
- Click "Printer Properties" and a new screen will open.
- Along the top you will see some tabs. Click the one that says "Ports"
- Click "Add Port"
- Highlight "Standard TCP/IP Port" by clicking on it, then click "New Port". A new screen will open.
- Click "Next"
- Type in the IP Address of your printer and click "Next"
Your computer should find your printer.
Click "Apply" and your printer should work correctly.
07-30-2014 01:19 PM
Please see my co-worker's post, Missing or partial print issues on Windows 8 / 8.1, as this might apply to your printing problem!
Hope this helps you, and have a nice day!
I work on behalf of HP
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series