Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 4630
Windows 7

Officejet will not print with proper top margin when using 8.5 x 11,110 lb cardstock.  HP claims unit will handle weight but not full page of 8.5 x 11.  It will print the first page correctly but all pages after have incorrect top margin spacing.  Solutions?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello r2p1,

Welcome to the HP Forums.

I see that you are having some issues when attempting to print on 110lb 8.5 x 11 card stock.

Unfortunately, this size of paper and the weight is not supported.

What is supported is 110lb Cards:

Card type Size

Index76.2 x 127 mm (3 x 5 in)
Index101.6 x 152 mm (4 x 6 in)
Index127 x 203.2 mm (5 x 8 in)
Japanese postcard100.1 x 148.1 mm (3.94 x 5.83 in)

Here is the Specifications for this printer so you can see what all is supported for future reference.

Thanks for your time.

Cheers,   Smiley Happy

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi!  I appreciate your reply.  It leaves me with several questions.  First, why did I spend hours on line with HP reps who tried to fix a problem that could not be fixed?  Second, why doesn't HP clearly identify this as a limitation for ths model?  (This is not exotic material and all of my previous HP printers could do the job.)  Third,  since I purchased this unit over 90 days ago, it can't be returned.  Therefore, if I want to print on this stock I'll have to but another printer.  I think this is how HP loses a customer!

But thanks for the reply anyway.

HP Recommended

@r2p1 ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I bought this printer because it was wireless and "advanced."  NOT.  I have to print out card stock for some of my clients, and you bury something in the user manual that no one sees.  You go to use it, and it doesn't do the job.  MOST DISAPPOINTING HP PRODUCT EVER. 

HP Recommended

Hp told me it was a limitation and it could not print on that paper?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.