Question

Honor Student
jumbos
Message 1 of 4 (104 Views)

HP OfficeJet 5610 doesn't use photo cartridge (58) and doesn't allow best quality

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I installed new original HP Tri-Color 22 cartridge on left and HP Photo 58 cartridge on right.

The overall printing of documents and images is fine but not great.

I noticed today, when checking ink status that the Tri-Color ink is half used already and the Photo ink is totally full and unused.

Also, in printing properties, in Paper/Quality, when I select "best" for print quality, the printer would not print, it just takes a paper and rolls out a blank empty paper (without any errors or problems notifications).

When selecting Normal, Fast Normal and Fast Draft, it prints normally.

Btw, when I used before HP Tri-Color 22 and HP Black 56 cartridges I didn't have these problems.

What do you think is the problem now?

Thanks.

Jerry

EDIT: I did "vpp print test" if it helps, I think that in the test it uses both cartridges:

scan0002.jpg

HP Support Agent
RnRMusicMan
Message 2 of 4 (71 Views)

Re: HP OfficeJet 5610 doesn't use photo cartridge (58) and doesn't allow best quality

Hi jumbos,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I see that you are having a print quality issue with your HP Officejet 5610, and I am happy to help you with this issue!

For further assistance, I will need to know the following:

1. If you are using a Windows or Mac Operating System. To find the exact version, visit this link. Whatsmyos.
  2. If the printer is able to make copies by itself.
  3. If the power cable plugged into a surge protector, or directly to the wall outlet. Issues when Connected to an Uninterruptible Power Supply/Power Strip/Surge Protector. This applies to Inkjet printers as well.

In the meantime, please take a look through this print quality guide.  Wrong Colors

Hope to hear from you, and thank you for posting! :smileyhappy:

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Honor Student
jumbos
Message 3 of 4 (65 Views)

Re: HP OfficeJet 5610 doesn't use photo cartridge (58) and doesn't allow best quality

Hello,

My operation system is Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. The printer plugged directly to the wall outlet.

The printer makes copies and prints fine with correct colors.

As I already said, I did vpp print test and to your question I already followed the Wrong Colors guide including the tests which were fine.

Thanks.

Jerry

HP Support Agent
RnRMusicMan
Message 4 of 4 (62 Views)

Hi jumbos,

Thank you for your reply!

I would recommend the following:

1. Run the HP Print and Scan Doctor, and let me know what happens .
  2. Make sure Windows 7 is up-to-date. Install Windows updates in Windows 7.

Hope this is helpful to you, and have a great day! :smileyhappy:

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation