Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,  I have an officejet 7500 e910a wide format all-in-one printer. A couple of nights ago, there was  a brief power outage and now the printer will not power on.  I have tried the advice from similar forum posts to no avail.  The power supply has an indicator light that is on and when connected to the printer, the indicator light next to the  memory card slots lights up and the scanner bar is also lit.  The printer is allowed to go into powersave mode when not in use and was in that state when the power outage occurred.  When I press the power button, nothing happens.  Is there a fuse in the printer that might be blown?  If so, how do I get to it?  I noticed in another post that a user took the battery off the system board which seemed to solve his problem.  My printer is out of warranty so I have no problem opening the case if suggested but would rather not do so unless necessary.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hello gdluse58,

I'm sorry to hear about the power surge you experienced.  Please take a look at this document and follow the troubleshooting steps and let me know your results.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

Hi, Thanks for your advice.  I had already worked through that document three times to be sure I had done it right.  The power module appears to be good and power is getting to the printer at least judging by the lights that are on in the printer.  I need to print some documents so I am about to the point of opening the case to  insure a power surge did not damage anything on the circuit board.

HP Recommended

I must have misunderstood.  I didn't think the printer was getting any power, but you mention judging by the lights that are on it in the printer.   You have power to the printer now (lights burning)?

Thanks,

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

No worries... Yes I believe I have power to the printer.  The indicator light on the external power module is on, The light next to the card memory slots is on, and the scanner light bar has a thin blue light in it.  Other than that, nothing.  Pressing the power button does nothing. I tried to open the printer to check the circuit boqard for signs of damage from a spike but my tools are not small enough.  I'll have to borrow tools from a friend to open the case.  Barring electrical damage, it has to be something simple but what that is escapes me.  It certainly makes me want to never leave it in powersave mode again.  Perhapsw if I had powered off the printwer when I last used it, I would not have this problem.  Live and learn... the printer is about a year old so I would really like to find a way to bring it back to life so to speak.

HP Recommended

I found some smaller tools and got the side panels off of the printer.  Not much access but as far as I can tell, no problems on the circut board.  I do not see any means of gaining further access to the internals.  As I stated before, power does appear to be getting to the printer.  Power Module indicator light is on, indicator light next to mmemory cards slots is on and the scanner bar is lighted as well.  Beyond that, there is nothing.  Pressing the power button does nothing.  Any suggestions to solve this are welcome.  Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

I just posted a new topic (01.07.2013) about the same subject, my printer is different (HP Officejet 6500A) but the symptoms are exactly the same. I assumed that possibly a surge might have gone in through the phone (fax) line. I measured 32 Volts on the power cable, otherwise everything else is just as with your printer. Have you meanwhile solved the problem somehow? I would be soooo p****d off if I would have to throw it away! Thanks  Stefan

HP Recommended

Hi Stefan.  I am sorry to hear about your situation.  Unfortunately I have not yet solved the problem.  I am with you on the not wanting to throw it away.  I too would be very p****d if  I had to throw it away.  I will keep an eye on your topic as well in case something comes up that has not been suggested to me to try.  I am hoping that someone in the forum will have the solution for us.

Regards,

Greg

HP Recommended

Hi Greg   Thanks for the speedy reply! Have you located and tried to replace the small (watch) batterie on the printed circuit board (as someone else has done?) Cheerio and good luck  Stefan

HP Recommended

Stefan,

When I had the sides off of the printer, I could not see any battery on the printed circuit board.  That does not mean that one is not present though.  I used a flashlight to examine the board as best I could through the rather small access openings.  I am unable to  even find a way to disassemble the printer further to get better access.  Does anyone out here know of a service manual for the printers that might guide a novice like me on simple repairs?

Greg

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.