Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I just don't understand the problem. Any photo paper I put in my Pro 8600 Plus will work.

HP Recommended

I'm also not able to print on photo paper.  Please could you provide the print setup information for Mac?

HP Recommended
Just got a solution for Mac from HP's customer service line:
1. Replace photo paper in tray with a big stack of regular paper
2. Don't place anything on the scanner but ask the printer to make 99 copies
3. Once the 99 blank pages have been run through the printer, place your glossy photo paper back into the tray and make your print
This worked for me. Hope it helps some others.
HP Recommended

And how long does it take to run 99 pages??  This doesn't sound like much of a "solution" to me.

I tried using Kodak photopaper, and it works fine.

HP Recommended

this link doen't work

HP Recommended
BRILLIANT! Setting "Tray 2" to "Not Installed" worked perfectly. In fact, it's a bit mysterious: I changed this setting on my Windows machine, then photo printing from my Mac worked! Thank you, JoernHP!
HP Recommended

I bought the same printer yesterday and had the same issue.  I followed some of the ideas on this forum but nothing worked except for 1 thing.  I didn't jus t disable tray 2 in the advanced settings for the printer but I also selected from Auto select as the source to tray 1.  then like magic it worked.  It also updates the Quality to "Custom" instead of best or normal.  I also made sure I had the HP Everyday Photopaper set as the media to print to.  

HP Recommended

I tried a number of fixes.  Disabling tray 2 got one print and then back to the "out of paper" warning.

I purchased my 8600 on Saturday.  It's going back today, Tuesday.  Can't print, bad color.  If i need to use HP products to print I wonder what  hp would suggest I do with the hundreds of dollars of paper products that I own and have used with my other hp products.

I'm willing to go thru the learning process when getting a new product but this has been way too problematic.  Next time I'll do some more research.

HP Recommended

I bought a HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus today (September 8th, 2012) and it does not print on Photo paper... I tried many of the options provided on this forum (disable tray-2, load blank paper under it, slide normal paper in between photo sheets, stick tape at the end of the paper, etc...) and it still doesn't work. I updated the firmware to the latest version (OJP8600_N911gn_1232A), still no solution. This is really bad and a real issue as many people seem to have this problem.... I'll go back to the shop on Monday.. YAUEHC (Yet Another Unhappy Ex HP Customer).

HP needs to fix this and it is unacceptable that HP releases a product with such a prominent failure.

HP Recommended
Good question! When IS HP going to do something about this serious deficiency? Does HP even read these posts??????????
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.