08-20-2012 07:26 PM
1. Replace photo paper in tray with a big stack of regular paper
2. Don't place anything on the scanner but ask the printer to make 99 copies
3. Once the 99 blank pages have been run through the printer, place your glossy photo paper back into the tray and make your print
This worked for me. Hope it helps some others.
08-31-2012 10:30 PM
09-02-2012 12:19 PM
I bought the same printer yesterday and had the same issue. I followed some of the ideas on this forum but nothing worked except for 1 thing. I didn't jus t disable tray 2 in the advanced settings for the printer but I also selected from Auto select as the source to tray 1. then like magic it worked. It also updates the Quality to "Custom" instead of best or normal. I also made sure I had the HP Everyday Photopaper set as the media to print to.
09-04-2012 09:33 AM
I tried a number of fixes. Disabling tray 2 got one print and then back to the "out of paper" warning.
I purchased my 8600 on Saturday. It's going back today, Tuesday. Can't print, bad color. If i need to use HP products to print I wonder what hp would suggest I do with the hundreds of dollars of paper products that I own and have used with my other hp products.
I'm willing to go thru the learning process when getting a new product but this has been way too problematic. Next time I'll do some more research.
09-08-2012 12:40 PM
I bought a HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus today (September 8th, 2012) and it does not print on Photo paper... I tried many of the options provided on this forum (disable tray-2, load blank paper under it, slide normal paper in between photo sheets, stick tape at the end of the paper, etc...) and it still doesn't work. I updated the firmware to the latest version (OJP8600_N911gn_1232A), still no solution. This is really bad and a real issue as many people seem to have this problem.... I'll go back to the shop on Monday.. YAUEHC (Yet Another Unhappy Ex HP Customer).
HP needs to fix this and it is unacceptable that HP releases a product with such a prominent failure.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series