08-05-2013 09:26 AM
I just replaced the Ink Service Module on my Officejet 100, I held Cancel and Resume for 8 seconds, printed the diagnostic page and the Ink service module won't come off Trigger Level 1. I've done it about 5 times now. The Diagnostic page it printed is listing two error codes: 69961 event_log_pen_failed_pen, and 69556 event_dirty_power_up. I am running in single-cartridge: Black-Only mode so I figure that's what the pen failure is, but I can't find anything on the other error code or what to do when the Ink Service Module fails to reset. The on-line diagnostic tool was absolutely NO help; it keeps telling me I need to install the latest driver I already have installed and either won't go any farther until it knows I've got it, or it thinks that's the only problem I have, I can't tell which. The dowloadable diagnostic tool was equally unhelpful... it insists my printer is busy even though it isn't. The printer is printing again, but I don't want it to stop on me if it thinks the Ink Service Module is almost full.
Is there a resource anywhere or does anybody know what the Error Codes mean or what to do about it when the Ink Service Module Trigger Level won't reset to 0?
I'm running on a Windows 7 (64 Bit) platform.
08-06-2013 10:12 AM
You are correct on the pen failure error code. It is because of the missing or empty color cartridge. The other error code is telling you you didn't power the printer down with the power button. You basically did a "hard" reset of the printer.
I am not exactly sure why the module didn't reset to "0". I will continue to research.
Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.
I appreciate your input !
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series