HP Officejet 4500 only partially prints 4 x 6 photos (449 Views)
Honor Student
Gophersun
Message 1 of 4 (449 Views)

HP Officejet 4500 only partially prints 4 x 6 photos

I cannot get the printer to print using 4x6 photo paper. I made more than 10 attempts, and only the first one came out properly. All the other attempts result in photos that show only part of the image, anywhere from 10% to 40% or so of the picture. I am using Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, I have reloaded the drivers and software, updated the same. I have used different applications (e.g. Windows Picture Viewer and Corel Paint Shop Pro). Paper settings are definitely correct, and I have tried various paper "types" including "generic" photo paper. Finally, I have tried previewing the print first and then sent  output to an 8.5 x 11 sheet, which prints the entire image as a 4 x 6 segment on the page. But, when I then load 4 x 6 borderless premium glossy Epson-brand photo paper, again it prints only partial! This is resulting in such an incredible waste of ink and paper!!! This happens whether I am hard-wired via USB or wireless too!

Intern
Prem_M
Message 2 of 4 (441 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 4500 only partially prints 4 x 6 photos

Greetings!
I am looking into the issue and will follow up soon, please stand by.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
Intern
Prem_M
Message 3 of 4 (434 Views)

Greetings!

Based on your input I see that you have tried many steps, and none of them are helping you out.

Not to mention the huge amount of ink loss.

May I suggest a few steps... and also in the process ask you a few questions?

1. Are you able to print other normal documents without any issues?
  2. Could you try a Best Quality Copy from the Scanner Bed and share the results, please use the same photo paper while doing so.
  3. Have you connected this printer to another PC and tried.
  4. Sometimes this could be related to the Spooler in the PC, that queues and control prints going to the OfficeJet 4500
  5. Try stopping the print spooler, and restarting it, follow the steps below to stop and restart the spooler.

To change or restart the Print Spooler service

You must be logged on as an administrator to perform these steps.

1. Open Administrative Tools by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Administrative Tools.
  2. Double-click Services. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
  3. Right-click the Print Spooler service, and then click Properties.
  4. Click on Stop
  5. On the General tab, next to Startup type, make sure that Automatic is selected.
  6. If the service is not already running, under Service status, click Start, and then click OK. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Make sure you reboot your PC before you start using the printer after these steps.

If I have helped you solve your issue please mark it as solved

**You may say Thanks By Clicking on the Kudos Star**

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
Honor Student
Gophersun
Message 4 of 4 (427 Views)

Thank you for response. I tried your suggestions (except for scanning) - no improvement.

Normal (i.e. full page) documents print (and have always printed) fine. Here too, when I "select" 4x6 paper, but actually use 8.5x11, the entire image  prints in the expected 4x6 area of the sheet. But, not when I insert 4x6 paper; then, only partial printing again.

Although the photo paper gets pulled in immediately when the print heads start moving, it seems that the printer does not pull the 4x6 stock forward in synch with the print job. As a result, only the final portion of the image gets rendered onto the paper. (And subsequent stock then has a lot of ink on the BACK as well.)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation