Question

Student
rjhaveri
Message 1 of 3 (878 Views)

HP Officejet 4500g installation issues, crashing, slow and partial printing and scanning issues

[ Edited ]

Product name: HP Officejet 4500 All-in-One Printer - G510g
Model name: CB867A
Serial number: [removed for privacy]
SW version - 130.000.999.000
Firware ver - MLM1FN1040AR
Serial no [Personal Information Removed]
Printer driver ver - 70.91.411.0
Service id 21342
PCA Raw version 0

Operating System installed : Windows Vista 32-bit Home Premium

Diskspace available - 6.14 GB in C drive, 9.46 GB free in E drive
DELL CPU - Core 2 Duo E4500 2.2GHz with 2GB RAM

----------------------------------

Original Problem - why I started trouble shooting in the first place.
1. When I print it would take for ever (sometimes even 30 mins or longer to print single page) with blinking start button light
2. It would keep rolling blank pages and finally print only half of the printout even if I print single page.
3. Scanning took also too long.

---------------------------------------
I was advised by HP to reinstall the drivers -
I am reinstalling Full suite for HP Officejet 4500g using downloaded fresh copy - OJ4500vG510g-m_Full_13_en
note - I removed full hp 4500 software installed on my pc except units and then started with fresh install using above package.

Issues I am facing during installation -
1. While installation of OJ4500vG510g-m_Full_13_en it was taking too long so i got impatient and opened the HP Solution center tried to scan a document while installtion was going on, which crashed the HP solution center as well as the setup utility.
The anaylsing of the problem also was taking too long more than 2-3 hours so i killed it with process viewer and restarted the installation
The installation started by proper reboot and removal of software and reinstall but now whenever it reaches (last step) configuring step (during hpzsetup) it crashes.
Now i cannot complete installtion i tried 3 times to uninstall and reinstall wasting 1.5 days as software takes too long.
I need HP solutioin center to work with printing and scan feature + print fast as standard printers. what can i do to fix the problem.

-----------------------------------------

more observations - after 3rd re-installation attempt

Error I get during reinstallation of the full HP suite

X Fatal Error during installation
E:\download\HP Drivers\OJ4500vG510g-m_Full_13_en\hpzsetup.exe -wStub....

I also get error - HP CUE Scanning Flow component has stopped working
Error info - 8,[(-1,0,0)]

---------------------------------------------

When i use direct C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpiscnapp.exe it worked and i was able to scan and save to pdf

Photosmart essential software is also crashing

After 3rd installation attempt printing problem has got fixed, now it does not wait endlessly to print one page - i still need to do more testing but i was able to print test page this is good news. but the scanning from HP Solution center is still crashing. See HP Cue errors and installation errors above 

---------------------------------

HP Print & Scan Doctor application results

Device Manager - Pass
Driver check Pass
Windows (WIA) - Pass

HP Dr gets error with
Solution center - Fail
HP Twain Scan - Hangs the HP Dr application after i select scan button and printer does scan sound

Cannot proceed further with diagnostics using HP Dr.

-----------

Any suggestions how I can fix above Solution center, HP Twain Scan and other above mentioned issues.

--------

Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 2 of 3 (835 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 4500g installation issues, crashing, slow and partial printing and scanning issues

I have sent a private message with some steps to try.

Let me know what happens.
Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Top Student
labs
Message 3 of 3 (795 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 4500g installation issues, crashing, slow and partial printing and scanning issues

I also have this problem with my new Windows 7 64-bit PC and have repeatedly contacted HP about the issue. Their only answer was for them to tell me my printer was out of warrantee and they could not help me. (Basically "screw you"). I have an Officejet 6310 that has this problem also, will not install under Windows 7-64.

I solved the problem by buying a Lexmark and hoping that HP comes up with something so I won't have to throw away a perfectly good printer. If they do not,it is the last HP product my company buys. I have spent 2 days trying to solve this issue and have finally decided that HP is not willing to help and am not guaranteed that an new HP printer will not have this issue and if this is planned obsolenscence then HP just lost a customer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation