Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Brilliant HONOR STUDENT ... thank you for posting the instructions to "add" the port to the printer properties.  I have screwed around with this for several hours, tried a lot of different things BUT this works.  Woot! 

HP Recommended

Top Student,

I tried your suggestion but when I got to the Port tab, "Add Port" was grayed out. "WSD Port" was checked and it wouldn't let me uncheck it. What next?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

I got all the way through adding another port and did confirm the IP address of the printer but the printer was not located. I did a wireless test locally on the printer touchscreen and everything checked out there. I am using an HP Photosmart Plus B210 All-in -One printer. Any suggestions on this?

HP Recommended

Was having the exact issue with my new Wireless HP 4630. 

Thanks for the solution...it seems to have eliminated the problem!!

HP Recommended

Thank you SO MUCH!  I have an Officejet Pro 8500 but decided to give it a shot anyways and it solved the problem!  You've made this girl a happy camper!!  :OpenSmile:

I have an 85 pg document that I've been trying to print FOREVER.  It would print a few pages then stop. 

HP Recommended

D-Rail

Thanks for the post, this has worked. A bit confusing at first, however got there other perserverance

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi everyone,

Please see my co-worker's post, Missing or partial print issues on Windows 8 / 8.1, as this might apply to your printing problem!

Hope this helps you, and have a nice day! :smileyhappy:

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

My printer keeps cancelling a print job on the 4th page (i have the setting in paint to print 2x2 and it just cancels halfway through the last page!)  When I try to add a new port, the option is greyed out... any ideas?

HP Recommended

Hi JWiss,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

If you are using Windows, this is not a supported paper size, according to your printer's specifications found at this website. HP Officejet 4630 and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 4640 e-All-in-One Printer Series Printer Specificatio.... Click on Paper-Handling Specifications, and you will be able to see the supported paper sizes. Also Windows does not support custom sizes.

Hope this answers your question, and have a great day! Smiley Happy

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot bro. Your instruction solved my problem and i am happy now. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.