04-13-2012 09:28 AM
Please try the below step to get the printer ONLINE .
- Click on START > Device and Printer .
- Right Click on the Printer HP Officejet 6310 . A pop-up menus shows up.
- Click on "Use Printer Online"
Now try printing a document, if it fails to print then perform the below mentioned steps ...
Try the below steps to check if the PC is communicating to Printer over network.
- Obtain the IP of the printer from the printer . For eg., 192.168.1.13
- Open the Browser - IE or Firefox or Chrome.
- Key in the IP of the printer in Brower's Address bar
- If the Printer info page shows up then the PC is communicating to the Printer, else there is no communication .
I'd also like to know the Printer model, Operating System of the PC.
You may also try using the Print Diagnostic Utility , click here -- PDU to download and run. Let me know the result of it.
Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Although I work for HP my posts and replies are my own.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .
Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
03-01-2013 09:17 PM
I have tried the 1st set of steps below. "Use printer online" is not a visible option.
I also tried the 2nd set of steps below and that works...but my printer is still "offline".
I got into this stituation because I was getting a left cartridge error on my 6310 network printer. I got that fixed by pressing "6" and "#" simultaneously and then turning off and back on the printer.
My printer is connected via ethernet cable to a network router. All other Mac computers can still print to the 6310 across our home network. I am running Windows 7 64-bit pro on my PC and cannot print.
Any ideas? Oh ...and please don't recommend the HP diagnostic tool...as it doesn't provide any useful help for my situation.
Hopefully, one of you bright HP engineers can dissuade me from using my 6310 as my new boat anchor. )
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series