Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP Officejet 6500 E709n stopped working yesterday and almost all the lights on the console keep blinking continuously.  I get a message in the display to turn off power then turn it back on but it still does the same thing after I do that. 

I searched and found out how to use # and 3 keys for a partial reset when reconnecting the power supply but after I did that it's still doing the same thing as before?

I disconnected power and everything else and left it sitting over night and this morning it's doing the same thing. 

Is there a way to do a full reset instead of a partial from the console? 

Thanks,

Ken

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

OK tried to edit the previous post to add this but didn't see an "Edit" button?

So I had the printer open like when you change cartredges and noticed that the print heads didn't move to the center like normal?  Tried to move the print head with my hand and it only moved about 1/4" back and forth and all of a sudden the print head moved to the center like it's suppose to?  Closed the top and it went through a calibration then printed that out and now it's working again.  Go figure!

I guess it's a mechanical problem then rather than something electrical/electronic.  I looked and didn't see anything wrong with gears and stuff on top so it may be a problem somewhere else.

Ennywho, I'll continue to use it like this as long as it will work. 

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Here is your support page. Follow all the troubleshooting steps here.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documentSubCategory?tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&pro...

HP Recommended

Ya know, I spent about half the day yesterday searching but never saw what I needed there.  At 69 I guess my eyes aren't what they once were.

Anyway, I found what I think is the problem as the power supply is only putting out 29volts and is suppose to be 32v so I'll try one of those.  Will update once that is done.

Thanks for the link

Ken

HP Recommended

Well, got that new power supply today.  Checked the output voltage and it's dead on 32 volts.  Connected it to the printer and its doing the same thing as before?  Went through the test procedure again and still not working.  :mansad:

Note that I'm not able to completely turn off the power on the console?  When I press the power button, it blinks off and then comes right back on without me pressing the power button again?

This printer was used in wireless mode on my network.  It did have a phone line connected to it but that line was disconnected by the phone company over 2 years ago when we discontinued the land line service.  No other cables connected to the printer. 

Any more suggestions before it goes to the dump?  :manfrustrated:

Thanks,

HP Recommended

OK tried to edit the previous post to add this but didn't see an "Edit" button?

So I had the printer open like when you change cartredges and noticed that the print heads didn't move to the center like normal?  Tried to move the print head with my hand and it only moved about 1/4" back and forth and all of a sudden the print head moved to the center like it's suppose to?  Closed the top and it went through a calibration then printed that out and now it's working again.  Go figure!

I guess it's a mechanical problem then rather than something electrical/electronic.  I looked and didn't see anything wrong with gears and stuff on top so it may be a problem somewhere else.

Ennywho, I'll continue to use it like this as long as it will work. 

Thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.