Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

The touchscreen in my HP Officejet 6500A E710n-z is unresponsive - the printer in 2 years old and had been bought in Sep 2011. The navigation icons on either side of the screen are working without any issue - the problem is limited to the touch display. Other than this, the printer is working fine. Pls help!

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello sandy,

I am sorry to hear that the touchscreen on your Officejet 6500A is not responding to you, however you are able to use the navigation buttons on the side. I have researched this issue for you and I have found a troubleshooting document that I recommend you follow to help fix the issue.

The HP Printer Won't Respond

Please respond if there is anything else I can help with.

Take care,

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Same problem here 6500A Plus unresponsive to certain prompts. Purchased 11/11 and rarely use. Desperately need to get a scan out and it's not working, I am pissed! Just spent over an hour on troubleshooting, discussion boards... guess this cheap unit has a life of 2 years.

HP Recommended

Hi Terija,

I am sorry to hear that your Officejet 6500A is unresponsive to certain prompts. I would first recommend following the link I have posted above your message, if you haven't already as I understand you have been troubleshooting previously.

If that does not work I would then recommend contacting HP's Technical Support to see if there are any other options for you.

If you are calling within North America, the toll free number is 1-800-474-6836 and for all other locations, click here.

Good luck!

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem with my touchscreen! Unfortunately, the link provided does not even apply to our problem!! It's to help with a broken POWER BUTTON, we have a broken TOUCHSCREEN.

HP Recommended

Same problem here with a 6500A Plus after only two years. Touchscreen not responding (only a few items on the left side). Rarely/normaly (not frequently) used machine. And still the touchscreen isn't working anymore. Using it now only with software in dual boot PC with Windows 7. Software (still) isn't full supported bij Windows 8...

This was my last HP AIO. HP still uses these touchscreens in other AIO's, but I don't trust the touchscreens/support anymore.

HP Recommended

How about reading the question before replying? I'm sure this user knew you had to plug in the printer to get it to work. Minus one and minus kudos.

HP Recommended

Heloo

I dissmounted the touch screen pannel which is not responding at all and am looking to buy the touch screen unit and mount it into my pannel.

Can i buy the unit from your company ?

Thanks.

avi

HP Recommended

Hello avi,

Did you find a replacement (may be on Ebay)? I have got the same problem.

I'm interested where you bought it.

Thanks,

Martin

HP Recommended

Hi

My touch screen is sltill black, no light nothing showing and not respondind to finger touch at all.

i can still use the printer from my pc to print and scan but can not perform any other like settings Etc.

I woud like to buy a new or used board from some one who is not using his/hers printer any more.

Thank you. 

Avi

[Personal Information Removed]

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.