Question

Student
helzi
Message 1 of 2 (2,423 Views)

HP Officejet 6600 printing problems

Bought this printer a few weeks ago, printing great until now. Display message reads " Problem with printer or ink system, turn off & restart'' etc. Have followed all instructions, turned off printer, unplugged, restarted computer, checked ports, changed cords etc. Still no luck--any suggestions please as I need to use printer often. Thanks.

Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 2 of 2 (2,398 Views)

HP Officejet 6600 printing problems

I am sorry that you are having that issue with the printer. I would take all the cartridges out and then reseat them at the same time. Since it is also stating there is an issue with the ink system; I would clean the electrical contacts on the cartridges to make sure that build up in not causing issues with one of the sensors. Solution two in the link listed below will have the instructions to do that cleaning process for the cartridges. It will also advised of the materials to use in that cleaning. I hope that this helps.

http://goo.gl/sVF4H
I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation