Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thanks.  Your message helped.  I've scrapped my printer.  Now how do I get off this thread so I'm not getting emails everytime someone posts on it?

HP Recommended

Below the page count, on the right hand side, you can hover over topic options, then choose unsubscribe.

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Forums!

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hi,

Regarding: ( If you do not have warranty any longer and you would like to try another step, I would ask for your permission to send a private message to you here from the forum. Please respond if you accept and I will message you privately.)

Please let me know what else I can try.

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Yes - Please contact me with other options.   My OfficeJet is well outside the warranty period.  Thanks - SEAN

HP Recommended

i'm having the same problem.

3 months out of warrenty.

what can i do ?

HP Recommended
There has been no solution... I bought a new non HP printer. Apparently HP consumer products are built to last just past the warranty.
HP Recommended
Please send a private message on how to repair failed printhead on HP6700 premium
officejet
HP Recommended

For those of you experiencing an issue with the printhead in your 6700 premium, please call us. What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the calling process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Case number and phone number appear.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

HI I AM HAVING ISSUES WITH MY 6700 OFFICEJET PREMIUM PRINTER. 

I AM GETTING THIS MESSAGE:  

MISSING OR FAILED PRINTHEAD

HOW DO I RE-INSTALL THE PRINTHEADS ? 

PLEASE ADVISE. 

THANKS, MARLS 🙂

HP Recommended

You don't.

If the printer is still under warranty, go to the shop to get it replaced.

If it's not, just trash it and buy a non-HP printer.

I've been very happy with a Brother printer since I had to trash my 6700 that was almost new.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.