09-11-2013 07:10 PM
HP Officejet 6700 Premium Fax e-All-in-One Printer Windows 7.
When I look at the display the words "original loaded" are there even if there is no document in the feeder .I can still print but if I copy something from the feeder after the page is feed through the feeding mechanism does not stop running, I have to press cancel to stop it. I cannot used the flat bed scanner because when I press scan the paper feeder starts running. I have disassembled and reassembled the paper feeder with no luck.
Is there away to reset the device? I think it is a hard or software problem rather than some thing stuck.
Is there a # for HP support I cannot find one on the support site.
Thanks in advance.
09-13-2013 04:47 AM - edited 09-13-2013 04:48 AM
You could try doing a Hard Reset as described in the following link. Click Here Does that help?
If not, you could do a Semi Full Reset. If successful, this would reset the printer to factory defaults and clear the memory. If the printer was on a wireless network, it would be taken off and would need to be reconnected. If you want to give this a try, I can send the steps in a private message to your HP Forums in-box. I would need you to agree not to publish the steps. Let me know what you decide.
You can call HP Support in the US or Canada using 800-474-6836. From other countries you can look here ==> Contact HP Worldwide.
Let me know how it goes.
Good Luck !
Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.
I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Fixing Print Quality Problems for the HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One Printers
- HP Printers - Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)