HP Officejet 6700 (125 Views)
Student
Barrywatts
Message 1 of 2 (125 Views)

HP Officejet 6700

HP Officejet 6700 Premium Fax e-All-in-One Printer Windows 7.

When I look at the display the words  "original loaded" are there even if there is no document in the feeder .I can still print but if I copy something from the feeder after the page is feed through the feeding mechanism does not stop running, I have to press cancel to stop it. I cannot used the flat bed scanner because when I press scan the paper feeder starts running. I have disassembled and reassembled the paper feeder with no luck.

Is there away to reset the device? I think it is a hard or software problem rather than some thing stuck.

Is there a # for HP support I cannot find one on the support site.

Thanks in advance.

Barry

Distinguished Professor
Rich1
Message 2 of 2 (112 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 6700

[ Edited ]

Hi Barry,

You could try doing a Hard Reset as described in the following link.  Click Here  Does that help?

If not, you could do a Semi Full Reset.  If successful, this would reset the printer to factory defaults and clear the memory.  If the printer was on a wireless network, it would be taken off and would need to be reconnected.  If you want to give this a try, I can send the steps in a private message to your HP Forums in-box.  I would need you to agree not to publish the steps.  Let me know what you decide.

You can call HP Support in the US or Canada using 800-474-6836.  From other countries you can look here ==>  Contact HP Worldwide. 

Let me know how it goes.

Good Luck !

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation