11-16-2013 08:32 PM
The 8600 is connected via an ethernet router to my two computers. If my computer is on everything works. If my computer is off so is the printer and the other computer can not access it.
Any known fix for this issue?
11-16-2013 09:02 PM
>If my computer is off so is the printer and the other computer can not access it.
It seems that the printer is networked to one computer and the other computer is using a share to the first computer.
On each computer, right click and select Printer Properties and select the Ports tab.
The one that works probably has an IP address or a printer name. The other computer probably has the name of the first, something like:
You would need to delete and re-add that port to match the first.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)