11-16-2013 08:32 PM
The 8600 is connected via an ethernet router to my two computers. If my computer is on everything works. If my computer is off so is the printer and the other computer can not access it.
Any known fix for this issue?
11-16-2013 09:02 PM
>If my computer is off so is the printer and the other computer can not access it.
It seems that the printer is networked to one computer and the other computer is using a share to the first computer.
On each computer, right click and select Printer Properties and select the Ports tab.
The one that works probably has an IP address or a printer name. The other computer probably has the name of the first, something like:
You would need to delete and re-add that port to match the first.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series